Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Atascadero(Atascadero)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Vino Inn & Suites(Atascadero)
Carlton Hotel(Atascadero)
Farmhouse Motel(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
All reviewsbiscuits and gravycinnamon rollspaso roblesfront desk staffpancake machinevery pleasant staytwo queensyogurthot tubgood sizefree breakfastsan luis obisporooms are spaciouslong drivewe've stayedmorro baycentral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We arrived quite late after a long trip down the very curvy and hilly Hwy 1 along the California coast, and found that, in error, we had reserved for the next day! That was quickly corrected, and we were given a beautiful room on the first floor, as requested. Highway noise was completely blocked out, and the furniture and fixtures are a cut above the usual HIE decor.

The next morning, we slept late to take advantage of the 9:30 closing time for breakfast. To our surprise, there was almost no food left, and certain items (milk and bananas) were completely missing. I went to the front desk and the manager was called. He explained the lack of milk and bananas and immediately got the server, who brought in cups plain yogurt, cups of beautiful fresh fruit, and hot cinnamon rolls. In the end, the breakfast was actually better than the usual selection, and my sister, who has various food allergies, was able to have a wonderful breakfast. During this trip, she has become sold on Holiday Inn Express for the comfortable beds, but now is beginning to appreciate the breakfast as well!

So, thanks to the manager and staff, who solved our little hiccups with no fuss and made us feel that this is one of the best Holiday Inn Express locations we have found. It's a bit inland, but if you are traveling either the 101 or the 1 along the California central coast, we recommend it highly.

Room Tip: We like the first floor, and being right on the freeway is absolutely no problem.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have to agree with all the great reviews people have posted here on Trip Advisor.

All the hotels in Paso Robles were booked or overpriced due to the Zinfest, so we ended up here. For starters, we arrived early, they checked us in, no problem. The front desk staff, was friendly, pleasant and accommodating, especially Nathan.

The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. The look and feel of the rooms exceeded my expectations. Free Wi-Fi and HBO are definitely a plus.

The typically Holiday Inn Express breakfast was enhanced with fresh fruit (Strawberries and grapes) . The overall food selection was good. It was obvious to me that the staff (two girls) working the breakfast really cared that the guests were happy with their meals and service. Great job, thank you.

I would definitely recommend this place and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed at this Hotel in preparation for a large group stay for my son's upcoming wedding. WE have been on the phone making arrangements and have always found the staff to be courteous and helpful. Hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient. Express Breakfast (included in price) provided juice, coffee, pasties, pre-made cheese omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal and pancakes. Attentive staff in breakfast lounge ensured that everything was well stocked, even towards the end of the posted time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jake J
Reviewed 12 March 2014

New, clean hotel. Right off of 101 and quiet. Staff was helpful with a great recommendation to a local pizza place. We had an event in Paso Robles and couldn't find a hotel so we stayed here. The hotel was a lot cheaper than the ones in Paso Robles and the drive was only about 10 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I got a quiet double queen room on the side opposite the street. No street noise. Minimal hallway noise. Good blackout curtains.

However, no tv guide on screen--only lists the channels but not specific programs.
Poor water pressure in the shower and NOT low flow shower head as far as I could tell.

Comfy bed.
Decent sized room. Elevator efficient.

The usual noisy AC unit and room too warm (I turn off AC when I try to sleep and I also turn off the fridge).

I would stay here again because it was mostly very comfortable & quiet for sleeping.

Front desk staff tried to help answer questions about area and TV issue but he was young and didn't know the answers. But very nice about it.

Breakfast pretty good (Hampton's selection usually better than this one was).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo