“Family Let Down”

Charles Paddock Zoo
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Atascadero
Reviewed 4 August 2013

While on vacation in San Luis Obispo we came across brochures advertising the zoo $5.00 so while on a budget we decided it would be nice for our family of 5 with 3 teenagers...it was only about 17 miles from our hotel so upon arriving there it was $7.00 a person and once my husband let the girl know about the price difference she didn't seem to care or ask what hotel so she could pull the outdated info she kinda shrugged like whatever..we asked for a map of the zoo she said oh you don't need one its small . That was the understatement of the year they happend to be cutting trees down so part of the zoo was blocked off the only interesting animal was the tiger. and half the animals were not even the cages very disppointed.....We voiced or concern of the zoo being blocked off and the zoo director comes over and lets us know the would be moving the truck so we could finish our little exploration of the zoo we were sooo very disappointed to only see some snakes in the window..I wish I could have had a refund....I guess if you have little kids they would enjoy it ...but as for me and my family it was not a great experience ....the whole zoo experience lasted but less then 30 minutes.

2  Thank CaliforniaMomS
There are newer reviews for Charles Paddock Zoo

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a great place for families with small children, especially. It is a small zoo that is well maintained and has interesting displays. It is small enough to see all the animals and not tire the little ones.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a fun little zoo in Atascadero. I have to stress little. We took 3 kids to see the animals and were done in about 45 minutes. That being said it is very inexpensive ($5 for adults) and clean. There weren't a lot of people at the zoo and the kids had a chance to run around and see the animals. There is a tiger, monkeys, birds, etc... You certainly can't make a full day of it but if you are looking to spend an hour doing something fun I would recommend this.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

While vacationing in Morro Bay we decided to take a trip to the zoo, after all you can only watch so many waves...it was a delightful get-a-way. There is a variety of animals you might not see at a bigger zoo, particularly the Red Panda ( who knew). Our now teens, have always enjoyed all zoos and we were not disappointed. It's much like the little zoo we have in our hometown of Prescott, AZ.

2  Thank Dawnthemom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I visited the zoo with three and four-year-olds for the Halloween bash. The evening was perfect for the children. Great small-town atmosphere.

1  Thank Irene D