“Don't bother to eat there.. BAD”
Review of Coco's Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Atascadero, California
“Don't bother to eat there.. BAD”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Service is terrible along with the long wait. Ordering a salad a few of the items including the main chicken was missing.

Visited April 2012

Templeton, California
“Simple breakfast for a good price”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Wanted a simple breakfast with over easy eggs, toast & coffee. This was just what I wanted for under $6. Fast, friendly service.

• Visited October 2012
Chino, California
“Shortage of help??”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was the worst experience I have had at a Coco's. The staff was outside smoking by the front door. The waitress that took our order seemed competent and was friendly. The waiter (?) that replaced her disappeared in the back. There were maybe 10 people in the entire place. He was not friendly nor oplogized for the bad service. We waited for 20 minutes to get refills for our drinks, (he finally brought someones order out) and we caught his attention. Then waited 15 minutes for our check.
The food was so-so, nothing worth the slow service.
Will not go there again, will go to Colby Jack Cafe for lunch next time.

Visited September 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Consistently okay and predictable”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

What can you say about Coco's? It's better than Denny's, consistent, good prices on specials (especially simple breakfasts and over 55).

Visited April 2012
Northern California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the worst manager ever”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I arrived with my family, which included my parents, husband and toddler at around 9.45 am. The restaurant was pretty much empty so we were sat right away. However that’s the only good thing about my visit, unfortunately I didn’t realize I was entering breakfast hell. We sat at our table for 10 min before we were offered anything to drink; there was only one server, Josh, who appeared to be covering the whole dining room, and 10 min after that he finally came to take our order. Then we sat there for 15-20 min with empty drinks trying to flag someone down when the manager, Kenny, came walking by. My mother said to him “excuse me, we need coffee we’ve been waiting for 20min and nobody has stopped by, and we don’t know where our waiter is.” His response, “Alright hang-on” and his tone was pretty much as impatient and rude as it could have gotten. When he came over with the coffee there was no apologies for the wait, just a very condescending, “you know your waiter is getting your food at the window right now”. Both times he had the rudest tone, very much lacking in quality customer service. Our food came another 10-15 mins after it was “gotten from the window”, which if it was really up, there’s no way it would have taken that long to make it to our table. When it arrived before we even started to eat the (lacking) manager Kenny came by said “oh good you got your food, everything ok?” we told him that SO FAR (and we used those exact words since we'd yet to try anything) it was ok and again WE HADN’T TASTED ANYTHING YET. All of our eggs were cold I'm talking stone cold, my mother’s crepes (spinach ham and cheese) seem as though they had been just taken out of the refrigerator, and my husband’s potato pancakes were completely raw. I was fed up at this point and flagged down the “manager” and said to him “this is ridiculous, his potato cakes were raw and her food was stone cold” and the oh so “professional” Kenny’s response, “Oh that’s interesting, that’s interesting because I came by and asked you and you all said it was fine!” his tone once again condescending and rude, and not to mention very much offensive. He said he was going to comp the meal and then he ran away. Literally, he was in a hurry from the moment I started to speak to run away from the situation, very good customer service skills huh? Now I am a chef and never have I seen such atrocious behavior of a manager, who should be the utmost professional, no matter what happens. I didn’t want my food comp’d this ABSOLUTLY NOT a monetary issue; I was appalled by the behavior of the manager and wanted my food and experience taken seriously. On the up side our waiter, Josh, was wonderful, when the coward Kenny ran away from confrontation it was Josh that listened and show great professionalism and took a general concern with our disapointing and nasty visit. It was unfortunate that it was Josh who had to hear my complete and sad to say uncensored opinion of Kenny and Coco's in Atascadero.
Now I don't expect establishments such as Coco's to offer a high class dining environment, but I expect the management to be professional. I believe that is does not matter if it's McDonald's in the middle of no where or NY's wd-50 a manager should always take their establishment seriously and maintain high standards, especially when it comes to serving food.

Visited May 2011