“Fantastic food and beyond.”
Review of Dan's Grub Shack

Dan's Grub Shack
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Atascadero
Cuisines: American
Description: Awesome grub at a reasonable price. May be listed as Dan's the Grub Shack.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I found Dan's via a Yelp search before leaving on a weekend trip to the Central Coast. Dan's Grub Shack kept coming of for "best of...". Not only did we end up eating here for both lunch and dinner the first day, but found the owner Dan and his wife, Laurie, to be most amazing company. Never have I felt so welcomed in an establishment teamed with extraordinary grub. The jalapeño bootle caps are a must. Not mentioned on the website are the"Danimal"(exquisite), Macaroni & Cheese bacon burger and other gems.

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Awesome menu with a variety!! Awesome staff! Resonably priced! I need to go more often!! Support a local business!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have to admit, you wouldn't know how great the food is just by looking at its location. It's in the Kmart center in A-town and this particular location has had some really bad luck for plenty of restaurants in the past. But if you look past all that, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that not only are the owners super friendly and down-to-earth, the food is also wonderful! They offer daily specials that are worth trying and their regular menu offers some yummy dishes. I have tried many different types of food here (fish & chips, Bacon Bleu burger, salads, spaghetti w/ chili, BBQ pulled pork, etc) and hands down, my favorite is "The Poor Boy". Don't let the name fool you, It is one HUGE burger so make sure you're hungry. I ordered this and my husband's eyes bugged out looking at it, thinking I wouldn't be able to finish it. I may be a girl but I have a huge appetite so to his surprise, I devoured the whole thing! It's that good. If you are looking for a good place to have lunch, then you need to give this place a try!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

About a month ago, I went in for lunch thinking how little mom and pop place need business especially in a sleepy little town like Atascadero. I went in to see what they had to offer. I looked at the menu at that time a sheet of paper for the specials and a laminated one for the regular menu. Not knowing what was good I asked Dan, The owner, what he recommended, he said it was all good. So I settled for a Gyro, just one of many items on his menu. I have been there many time now frequenting between 2-4 times a week, always trying a new item each time. Some things are a little far fetched like a burger with jelly, egg and bacon, which is really good. And others items are just good ol' soul food like pulled pork sandwiches and fried okra. I have even brought in a friend who now really likes this place. Dan, is a great owner, he always is trying his hardest to please you. Laurie his wife is a wonderful lady, she is just as hospitable as Dan. They always are a joy to see, and they strive for perfection. And even on the weekend when they are not there the others uphold the same care!