“Over- priced joke” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
San Dimas, California
“Over- priced joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at this motel recently. We paid almost $190. for just the night. Wow. We expected to see some of the niceties that come with that price motel, but there were none. They advertise a "FREE" continental breakfast. It was almost comical. Some fruit bread sliced, a few quartered muffins, coffee and juice that I think was Tang. Our room, which could have slept at least 4 was supplied with two wash cloths and two towels. We made a trip to the office to ask for another wash cloth and were told that it would mean a trip to the laundry, so come back in the morning !!! It was bare bones to say the least. Funny that we passed up a motel close by because the reviews were bad. Wish I had read the reviews about this place. We would have to be very desperate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank momweaver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This Motel should not be on Expedia. Hairs on the corners of bathroom floors (yuck), Shower drained slowly, smelled like an old motel, missing light bulbs in the bathroom, I made sure I wore slippers on the carpet(double yuck), towels are old and hard, low water pressure. Clean from the outside - fair curb appeal, friendly staff, nice blue pool, good location for being in Atascadero.
Low value for what you pay for. This motel gets their business from idiots like me who poorly plan their trip - Yes, the better hotels were booked so I settled for MUCH less (much, much, much less and for the same price, had I planned properly). I won't be caught like this again. This motel taught me a valuable lesson. Plan early and get a MUCH better 3-4 star hotel rather than this 1-star for the same price. I did not get my money's worth and I will not return.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book a better hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kevin S

Travellers are raving about these Atascadero hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We were out of town for my husband's job. His boss booked the room and apparently it was the only place with a room available due to a wedding in town. The first room they put us in smelled like someone had been chain smoking in there for about 20 years. The second room was not much better just no smell. The wall paper is peeling. What got me the most was a mystery brown stain on the sheets. I would have slept in my car had the other clientele and people I saw around the parking lot not looked so shady. I refused to shower in the disguting tub and only used the toilet out of sheer necessity. I am not a germaphobe but I did feel SLIGHTLY better after soaking the entire room (including the bedding) in lysol. I am honestly in shock of how disgusting it was.... It was like something you would see in a movie. Oh and the office staff is NOT nice or accomodating. The ONLY positive thing I can say is they surprisingly had free wi-fi. Travelors be warned...... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
9 Thank beccabec83
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

On a 32 day, coast to coast road trip around the US, this was the worst place that we stayed at for the money. Firstly, it was overpriced for what it was. The wifi sucked, renovations were be conducted upstairs (fair enough) but at 7-8 am?? (although they say we we're warned - pshaw!), the water was turned off at 9am without notice during a shower, and as we checked out were met with a rude reply and unsatisfying acknowledgement to our complaint.

Overall a place to avoid.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Virgo D
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

huge what looks to be BLOOD dried running down the side of the mattress, showers are full of mold a/c unit is full of dust ( not mild , very bad ) window seals are complete filth . if you value your health DO NOT EVER STEP ROOM in this hotel . the pictures they have online look NOTHING like the ones i took for the health dept. $130.00 for a room . if you happen to land in Atascadero and there is nowhere to stay but a dumpster CHOOSE THE DUMPSTER !!! SLEEP IN YOUR CAR . DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL . DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
29 Thank shawn c
Windsor, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

When checking in, the place was filthy. Refused to stay and nothing was offered. Told me I had to cancel 24 hours in advance. That would be a pretty good trick as we made the reservation only 2 hours before. Let me get in my time machine and travel back 24 hours to cancel a reservation that doesn't exist yet!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
28 Thank Kat F
Fremont,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed at the Rancho Tee Motel for 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. The motel has been remodeled. Our room was very clean, new carpet and tile floors and big room. The owners were very friendly and helpful when asked for choices of places to eat. The pool was very clean and inviting. There are some weeds around the property but we could tell they were working on it because of the newly planted flowers in flower boxes. We plan to stay there again next year! The price was very good!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ElaineFremont_CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn
The Oaks Hotel
#2 of 18 in Paso Robles
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles

Been to Vino Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!