“Not as bad as the above”
Review of Vino Inn & Suites

Vino Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night and paid 66 bucks! The room was clean and the carpet looked new as did the furniture. I got a bottom room with a patio. The bed wasn't the best but hey, for the price I am not complaining

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Wow what a dissapointment!! The price is high for what you get. The only thing I can say good about this motel is the location. The beds are hard, The bathroom is gross! The water does not drain so you shower in warm water and angle deep water in the tub, with other people's hair and soap scum in the water. The Shower curtin is sooo dirty, the floor corners are piled high with dirt. The square thing of soap is cheap and no suds at all. The toilet ran all night!! had to shake the handle to make it stop. They say a continental breakfast at 8 to 10 am, did not open until 8:15 and really no half way good food. motel's should be rated like a restaurant, then you would know what you are getting. I will never come back and will tell the motel how I feel.

Room Tip: There no good rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank traveler2u2
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at this motel recently. We paid almost $190. for just the night. Wow. We expected to see some of the niceties that come with that price motel, but there were none. They advertise a "FREE" continental breakfast. It was almost comical. Some fruit bread sliced, a few quartered muffins, coffee and juice that I think was Tang. Our room, which could have slept at least 4 was supplied with two wash cloths and two towels. We made a trip to the office to ask for another wash cloth and were told that it would mean a trip to the laundry, so come back in the morning !!! It was bare bones to say the least. Funny that we passed up a motel close by because the reviews were bad. Wish I had read the reviews about this place. We would have to be very desperate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank momweaver
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This Motel should not be on Expedia. Hairs on the corners of bathroom floors (yuck), Shower drained slowly, smelled like an old motel, missing light bulbs in the bathroom, I made sure I wore slippers on the carpet(double yuck), towels are old and hard, low water pressure. Clean from the outside - fair curb appeal, friendly staff, nice blue pool, good location for being in Atascadero.
Low value for what you pay for. This motel gets their business from idiots like me who poorly plan their trip - Yes, the better hotels were booked so I settled for MUCH less (much, much, much less and for the same price, had I planned properly). I won't be caught like this again. This motel taught me a valuable lesson. Plan early and get a MUCH better 3-4 star hotel rather than this 1-star for the same price. I did not get my money's worth and I will not return.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book a better hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We were out of town for my husband's job. His boss booked the room and apparently it was the only place with a room available due to a wedding in town. The first room they put us in smelled like someone had been chain smoking in there for about 20 years. The second room was not much better just no smell. The wall paper is peeling. What got me the most was a mystery brown stain on the sheets. I would have slept in my car had the other clientele and people I saw around the parking lot not looked so shady. I refused to shower in the disguting tub and only used the toilet out of sheer necessity. I am not a germaphobe but I did feel SLIGHTLY better after soaking the entire room (including the bedding) in lysol. I am honestly in shock of how disgusting it was.... It was like something you would see in a movie. Oh and the office staff is NOT nice or accomodating. The ONLY positive thing I can say is they surprisingly had free wi-fi. Travelors be warned...... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
9  Thank beccabec83
Reviewed 2 November 2011

On a 32 day, coast to coast road trip around the US, this was the worst place that we stayed at for the money. Firstly, it was overpriced for what it was. The wifi sucked, renovations were be conducted upstairs (fair enough) but at 7-8 am?? (although they say we we're warned - pshaw!), the water was turned off at 9am without notice during a shower, and as we checked out were met with a rude reply and unsatisfying acknowledgement to our complaint.

Overall a place to avoid.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Virgo D
Reviewed 14 August 2011

huge what looks to be BLOOD dried running down the side of the mattress, showers are full of mold a/c unit is full of dust ( not mild , very bad ) window seals are complete filth . if you value your health DO NOT EVER STEP ROOM in this hotel . the pictures they have online look NOTHING like the ones i took for the health dept. $130.00 for a room . if you happen to land in Atascadero and there is nowhere to stay but a dumpster CHOOSE THE DUMPSTER !!! SLEEP IN YOUR CAR . DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL . DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family