“The price for this room is appalling”
Review of Vino Inn & Suites

Vino Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I am not picky when it comes to hotel rooms. As long as there are no bed bugs and no crackheads in the parking lot, I'm good. I am writing this review at 5:47am. The only reason I am awake is because of the horrendous spring mattress. My back is killing me and I have a softball tournament in 2 hours.
(First world problems)

The room is clean enough and the area feels (most shady characters can't drop $180 on a hotel room) but the price is ridiculous. Luckily I only have to pay half due to a booking error or I probably would have slept in the car. Not that I don't have the money, but I wouldn't pay $367 for 2 nights here. The owner should be ashamed

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank swivaljaw
There are newer reviews for Vino Inn & Suites

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The room was spacious, clean, and close walking distance from places to eat, etc. We were happily surprised. We had booked a 2 queen room and were charged and extra 10 dollars because my son was 19. I'm not sure why that rule is in place as the room is the same whether you bring a couple of younger children (which would have been free), or one older one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night and paid 66 bucks! The room was clean and the carpet looked new as did the furniture. I got a bottom room with a patio. The bed wasn't the best but hey, for the price I am not complaining

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Wow what a dissapointment!! The price is high for what you get. The only thing I can say good about this motel is the location. The beds are hard, The bathroom is gross! The water does not drain so you shower in warm water and angle deep water in the tub, with other people's hair and soap scum in the water. The Shower curtin is sooo dirty, the floor corners are piled high with dirt. The square thing of soap is cheap and no suds at all. The toilet ran all night!! had to shake the handle to make it stop. They say a continental breakfast at 8 to 10 am, did not open until 8:15 and really no half way good food. motel's should be rated like a restaurant, then you would know what you are getting. I will never come back and will tell the motel how I feel.

Room Tip: There no good rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank traveler2u2
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at this motel recently. We paid almost $190. for just the night. Wow. We expected to see some of the niceties that come with that price motel, but there were none. They advertise a "FREE" continental breakfast. It was almost comical. Some fruit bread sliced, a few quartered muffins, coffee and juice that I think was Tang. Our room, which could have slept at least 4 was supplied with two wash cloths and two towels. We made a trip to the office to ask for another wash cloth and were told that it would mean a trip to the laundry, so come back in the morning !!! It was bare bones to say the least. Funny that we passed up a motel close by because the reviews were bad. Wish I had read the reviews about this place. We would have to be very desperate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank momweaver
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This Motel should not be on Expedia. Hairs on the corners of bathroom floors (yuck), Shower drained slowly, smelled like an old motel, missing light bulbs in the bathroom, I made sure I wore slippers on the carpet(double yuck), towels are old and hard, low water pressure. Clean from the outside - fair curb appeal, friendly staff, nice blue pool, good location for being in Atascadero.
Low value for what you pay for. This motel gets their business from idiots like me who poorly plan their trip - Yes, the better hotels were booked so I settled for MUCH less (much, much, much less and for the same price, had I planned properly). I won't be caught like this again. This motel taught me a valuable lesson. Plan early and get a MUCH better 3-4 star hotel rather than this 1-star for the same price. I did not get my money's worth and I will not return.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book a better hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We were out of town for my husband's job. His boss booked the room and apparently it was the only place with a room available due to a wedding in town. The first room they put us in smelled like someone had been chain smoking in there for about 20 years. The second room was not much better just no smell. The wall paper is peeling. What got me the most was a mystery brown stain on the sheets. I would have slept in my car had the other clientele and people I saw around the parking lot not looked so shady. I refused to shower in the disguting tub and only used the toilet out of sheer necessity. I am not a germaphobe but I did feel SLIGHTLY better after soaking the entire room (including the bedding) in lysol. I am honestly in shock of how disgusting it was.... It was like something you would see in a movie. Oh and the office staff is NOT nice or accomodating. The ONLY positive thing I can say is they surprisingly had free wi-fi. Travelors be warned...... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
9  Thank beccabec83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
Best Western Plus Colony Inn
Best Western Plus Black Oak
Best Western Plus Black Oak
#7 of 18 in Paso Robles
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles

Been to Vino Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!