“ZERO rating for Thieves! Do not stay here.”
Review of Vino Inn & Suites

Vino Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stay far away from the Rancho Tee Motel!! I made a reservation online for one night, then called 48 hours in advance to cancel it, since I had arranged to stay with a friend. I spoke to a woman who looked up my reservation and confirmed that she cancelled it. She said "you're all set, it is cancelled."

When a charge for a night stay appeared on my credit card, I called to dispute it and spoke to a very rude gentleman who claimed to be the owner and manager. He denied that my reservation was ever cancelled! He denied that I ever called! He said that his employees do not cancel reservations made online by phone! He claimed that I should have cancelled my reservation online, and that it is my fault for not doing that.

When I pointed out that his employee did NOT tell me that I had to cancel it online, and that she told me that it was cancelled, he abruptly said "No that did not happen." He basically called me a liar!!

When I said I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau, he said "good ahead!"

This is a very dishonest business that steals people's money! I have reported them to my credit card bank and will also report them to the Atascadero Business Bureau.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Taddox

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This motel is so horrible. Id rather sleep in my car then in this motel.
Pros: The shower pressure and heat was just perfect.
The beds weren't that bad, a bit springy though.
Cons: We walked in & the room smelled like smoke, even though its a non smoking motel.
The floors are DISGUSTING, they don't vacuum. I wore socks/ shoes the whole time, didnt let my bare feet touch the floor.
There was a hole in the roof of our room.
You get NO sleep because you can hear the people above you talking or snoring.
The wifi gave my laptop a virus, suggest you not use their wifi.
The room was very dusty.
The ice machine looked 20 years old, and it didnt work.
The" continental" breakfast is tiny pieces of muffines, thats it.
There was cob webs in the shower, and bathroom.
One of the light bulbs in the bathroom didnt work.
There was no mini fridge.
There was maybe 3 outlets in the entire room.
The microwave & all the lights werent plugged in, so we had to plug them in ourselfs.
Moldy in the bathroom.
There wasnt a gym.
Im sure I could think of more cons, but you get the point. I shouldnt even be giving this motel 1 out of 5 stars. I should be giving it a .5 but it was a place to sleep. Im glad there is a subway and dennys in walking distance because thats what I had for breakfast. Plus there is a movie theater in walking distance, and 99 cent store & vons.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PaulaO814
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This is a fairly bland motel, that is perfectly adequate for a place to sleep, but not much more. Nothing fancy here except maybe the outdoor pool. The rooms are not very modern, but serve their purpose fine. I didn't like that there was no lock to the door on the adjoining room, so I put the bed stand in front of it during the night. The continental breakfast consisted of cheap muffins cut in half. Fortunately, there is a Denny's across the street. There is also a nice movie theater a stone's throw away.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I am not picky when it comes to hotel rooms. As long as there are no bed bugs and no crackheads in the parking lot, I'm good. I am writing this review at 5:47am. The only reason I am awake is because of the horrendous spring mattress. My back is killing me and I have a softball tournament in 2 hours.
(First world problems)

The room is clean enough and the area feels (most shady characters can't drop $180 on a hotel room) but the price is ridiculous. Luckily I only have to pay half due to a booking error or I probably would have slept in the car. Not that I don't have the money, but I wouldn't pay $367 for 2 nights here. The owner should be ashamed

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank swivaljaw
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The room was spacious, clean, and close walking distance from places to eat, etc. We were happily surprised. We had booked a 2 queen room and were charged and extra 10 dollars because my son was 19. I'm not sure why that rule is in place as the room is the same whether you bring a couple of younger children (which would have been free), or one older one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night and paid 66 bucks! The room was clean and the carpet looked new as did the furniture. I got a bottom room with a patio. The bed wasn't the best but hey, for the price I am not complaining

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Wow what a dissapointment!! The price is high for what you get. The only thing I can say good about this motel is the location. The beds are hard, The bathroom is gross! The water does not drain so you shower in warm water and angle deep water in the tub, with other people's hair and soap scum in the water. The Shower curtin is sooo dirty, the floor corners are piled high with dirt. The square thing of soap is cheap and no suds at all. The toilet ran all night!! had to shake the handle to make it stop. They say a continental breakfast at 8 to 10 am, did not open until 8:15 and really no half way good food. motel's should be rated like a restaurant, then you would know what you are getting. I will never come back and will tell the motel how I feel.

Room Tip: There no good rooms.