“Best Stay At Best Western” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
sacramento ca
“Best Stay At Best Western”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2010

This has been the best business trip i have ever been on! First of all, id like to thank the front desk staff for being so great! Been extremely helpful! I was surprised that one desk clerk even remembered my name after not seeing me for 2 days after checking me in. She is great. Second of all, she told me that i could have breakfast ready before 6 (their normal time) since i would be leaving before then. Nothing extreme just 15 mins early. Every morning, it has been out at 540. Thanks to that person as well to save me a few extra bucks on breakfast! The Internet was fast. My only Complaint is that I had a hard time aquiring cell phone service in my room. But other than that, the area is beautiful, the rooms were nice, and the staff was awesome! Thank you for a wonderful trip and thank you to the one person (she knows who se is) for making me smile after a 400+ miles round trip drive and 3 hrs of work on thursday. (even though i was soooooo tired and gloomy) you made my stay here wonderfu!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank shane95670

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights, one on the way to SF from LA and the other a few nights later heading back to Los Angeles. The rooms themselves were pretty good, they were clean for the most part. There was a pretzel under the bed, but other than that they were in good shape. The bed was relatively comfortable, and the shower was good. The room also had a refrigerator and microwave and still I did not feel that the room was too small. One feature I particularly liked was they had a desktop computer in the lobby that guests could use without being charged. The pool area looked okay, but I did not go in so I can't comment on that. As far as food goes, the best bet is probably In-N-Out located on the other side of the freeway (too far to walk, but a short drive). The only problem and unfortunately it was a big problem is that because this place is an energy conserving hotel they don't run their air conditioners during the day. To make matters worse my room was facing the west, and housekeeping left the shades open. It was 84 degrees in the room when we went in there, so we decided to crank the AC up, and go to IN-N-Out and when we come back the room will be cooler. Unfortunately the AC has a sensor that shuts off when it detects nobody is in the room. The room did not hit 68 degrees until the middle of the night. The girl working the front desk did little to resolve this situation, basically explaining they are an energy conserving hotel. Aside from this major issue the room was fine and only because of a lack of reasonably priced decent hotels in this area would I return there.

• Stayed July 2009
san francisco, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

Seems like most of the hotels in this area have inflated prices. I paid $110 (internet rate) for single king bed non-smoking. I had no problems with the room; it just looked like rooms I could get for $60 in other parts of the state. When I checked in, they programmed my card for the wrong room, so I actually walked into someone else's room by accident! That night I kept wondering if someone would walk into my room. Front desk was nice; pool is shallow at both ends, 5.5 ft. in middle; small hot tub. Waffle bar for breakfast! but be ready for long lines. Waffle toppings only syrup + jam. Also hard-boiled eggs + bananas.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

This is a good alternative to staying in pricier Paso Robles. The hotel is right off 101, about 10 miles south of Paso Robles. As you might guess for a Best Western, the room is no-frills, but clean, in good material condition, and comfortable enough. Service was pleasant and efficient. We stayed two nights and were pleased with the experience.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Somewhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2008

Honestly I really don't like Best Western's, but we stumbled on this hotel when we got off the wrong exit. The rooms and clean and comfy and we enjoyed their lovely pool and spa. We also liked they had cook to order waffle bar and you even get free acess to the major fitness center next to the hotel. We couldn't of asked for better accomoditons. We are glad we stayed here.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1worldtrvlr
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

By chance we decided to stop in Atascadero and stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to San Francisco. The hotel looks quite pleasant from the road and the area is safe and quiet. Entrance and lobby is nice looking with sofas, one computer with free internet and free coffee, tea & cookies. The young lady at the check-in was very friendly and offered us a AAA rate of 100,- USD incl. breakfast. Check-in was very quick. Room was clean and had 2 beds, TV, a closet, quite a small bathroom with bathtub & shower and toilet, as well as a fridge & microwave which we did not use.
The (outdoor pool) was open until 10 pm (!) so we decided to give it a try. Pool area had a fence (very considerate for people with young children!) and also incl. a jacuzzi , towels were available at entrance. There were a few young people in the pool but since pool was a good size it was ok. Walked around the hotel a little and other than us and these youngsters at the pool the hotel seemed deserted.
Next morning our continental breakfast included toast, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and you could even make your own waffles or oatmeal. Then we saw that there were actually more hotel guests but we never heard anybody, everything had been really quiet - we even slept without A/C!
Had a nice experience and can recommend this hotel!

• Liked — Friendly staff, safe & clean area
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank rawaspecial
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2008

Recently stayed at this hotel and i was pleasantly surprised. The young lady at check in was very very helpful with giving me directions to the company I was visiting and I was very happy with the clean rooms, great breakfast and finally a hotel with a working internet connection. This will be the place I stay when I come to the area.

• Liked — clean hotel and great staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank mattba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
The Carlton Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
#9 of 18 in Paso Robles

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn? Share your experiences!