“would not stay ever again, should be against health regulations, is a dump”
Review of Applegate Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applegate Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Atwater B&B and Inns
Willows, California
“would not stay ever again, should be against health regulations, is a dump”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I came for a training class at Atwater, for future employment, a resident of Atwater co-worker, recomended the hotel, I understand that she lives here and the revenue should stay in the city, I did not wanted to complain to the front desk, because the girl at the front desk, was not very friendly, I ask if there was coffee in the room, she did not know, the carpet is dirty the pillows are stained, very old, I am afraid to sleep in the bed, there are patches of caulking all over the ceiling , the fan in the bathroom sounded like it was going to come out of the wall, I decided to call the front desk and complained about the room, she said that she does not check the rooms and she does not own the hotel, she would let the manager know, she said that she gave a good price for the room, $ 64.90, I ask her if that is why I was getting a dirty room, because of that price, she said that is not what she was saying, she does not check the rooms, so she does not know how how the rooms look. I told her that I have worked in a hotel before, and if a guest complained about a room, we would look the condition of the room and move the guest to a more comfortable room. after all the talk she said she would move me to another room, I said I would deal with it for the night, I did not wanted to move my equipment, I could go on in detail, but it does not matter, I will take pictures and post them, I am a logical person and I am sure not all the rooms are like room #208, good luck who ever stays here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank willowsfresh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Cheap...I'll give you that. I'm not going to bore you with cliches. I will tell you that it is adjacent to the railroad tracks and they run all night long. When it's over 100 during the day and not much relief at night, you would expect the air conditioning to work. This one almost caught fire at midnight. My wife woke me up and was frightened. The place smelled of burning wires from the a/c.

My daughter had a kart race the next day. I had to make sure she slept. I appraoched the manager the next morning and was told I should have called him as he would have come out and fixed the unit. At midnight we want to watch a bunch of workman fix the a/c unit?

I told him that I would some kind of credit for the inconvenience. He said he would not charge us for the room. Really? He never reversed the charge and would not return my calls.

The lights are all dim (low wattage bulbs to save money?), the walls are all patched, and to top it off....there was blood on the curtains. I think the man at the front desk was called Norman Bates.

Cough up the extra $20.00 and stay at a hilton, Best Western, or Marriott.Edit - Delete

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank jimmanning

Travellers are raving about these Atwater hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atwater
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced
Courtyard Merced
Courtyard Merced
#2 of 14 in Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced

Been to Applegate Inn? Share your experiences!