“We love this place!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“We love this place!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a great Mexican restaurant. It is a small 'mom & pop' establishment and the owners are very friendly and helpful. We eat there on a regular basis and they are always willing to customize our order to make it just the way we like it. If you are unhappy with anything they are more than willing to do whatever they can to make it better. The food is well prepared with generous portions and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013

Central Valley, California
“Not going back”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was the second time I've taken my son with me to eat there. The first time the food was alright.
The staff is accommodating and the service is adequate but a bit slow.
Tonight the food was a different story. I ordered the cheese enchiladas with shrimp and whole beans on the side without rice.
They didn't bother to drain the beans before dumping them on the plate with the enchiladas, so the juice created a runny mess. The soggy enchiladas consisted of shrimp wrapped in two tortillas with cheese melted on top, a blob of sour cream and green sauce. They did not have any cheese inside whatsoever as the menu described. The verde sauce may have been thicker before it blended with the bean juice that filled the plate but it was hard to tell, had minimal flavor and was more brown than green in color.
I mentioned this to the waitress and she said that she would tell someone. Don't know if she bothered to or not since I was still charged almost $13.00 (full price) for my substandard meal.
My son also had whole beans with his meal. In contrast, his beans were drained and his plate and food remained dry.
I wish I'd had a camera with me to take a picture.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ladyhawkcs
Los Banos, California
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I live some 35 miles from here, but had never heard of the restaurant. Driving by and starved, we decided to give it a try! Even though it was during the week, the place was packed during the dinner hours 5:30- 8:30PM. Service was fast and efficient. Plenty of parking. Restroom (although only one stall) was clean and it had a baby changing table if someone needed it. Didn't order any liquor, but I saw waitresses carrying beer and even maybe a Margarita or two!
Totally pleased with my meal...I ordered Chicken Mole ($11.50) and it came with flour tortillas, rice and beans. Plus 3 good sized pieces of chicken. Even brought some home. I'll be making a return trip!

• Visited July 2013
Merced, California
“great food”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

great atmosphere, great food friendly staff....my parents eat her often, they are catering my daughters wedding in june

Visited May 2013
Fresno, California
“A Great Find!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Saturday night shopping found my fiancee and myself away from home in Atwater, California and on the last minute hunt for someplace to eat. Of course the conversation started with "Where do you want to eat?" The answer was. "I don't know, where do you want to eat?" There was Josie's Mexican in the shopping center we were at. "Let's try it." we said. I am glad we did.
It is really interesting the variety of tastes that you get in Mexican food. Not all restaurants are the same. This was truly different. The sauces were different from what I was used to, with the verde sauce being a touch sweet. I liked the change as verdes have a tendency to be rather tart and peppery. The carnitas was to die for. Service was quick and the servers were very friendly. I highly recommend Josie's.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Josie's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!