“Different”

Joe Caribe Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #13 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Joe Caribe serves light ethnic food at reasonable prices. Chicken Curry Burritos, Fish Tacos and Pork Mojo Sandwiches are some of the offerings. A nice short beer list includes Chimay on tap.
Auburn, California
“Different”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Well worth a visit. They moved to a larger location and the food is very good. The service is excellent and is a good place to stop on your way to the ski areas.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank skycop8158

Newcastle, California
“Locals Love it !”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

WhenI want to have lunch or dinner out this is my first choice and go to place. I have lived in the area over 30 years. The service is wonderful and the food is tasty and beautiful. Family friendly. Fresh ingredients are evident. I have been told the owner was a chef in Big Surprise. Right off I 80 at Forest hill Rd.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Debbie S
California
“Catfish is as good as it can get.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I liked the atmosphere of Joe Caribe. She had the catfish and loved it. I had the ribs and thought they were just ok. I didn't care for the mashed potatoes or the slaw. I think it's because the ribs, potatoes, and slaw all had unique flavors. Another person might love these flavors. They just didn't suit me. The Happy Hour menu offers $2 tacos.

• Visited November 2013
Washington DC
“Relaxing Bistro”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was a nice relaxing place. My wife had a Margarita to start and it was fine. We then shared a roasted artichoke, which was well prepared. I had a fish taco and my wife a shrimp one. They were both well done. The place had a certain sports bar atmosphere but it was not particularly loud. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The service was fine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DCMike82
Reno, Nevada
“A delightful surprise!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I don't often think of Auburn as a place to get great food, but my husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we stopped here on our way back to Reno. We got to the restaurant just as Happy Hour was ending, and our waitress made sure we got our $1 off pints of beer. We both ordered the Pork Mojo grilled sandwich and when they came, we were amazed at how huge the sandwiches were! We should have split one, but instead took half of each one home. The sandwich was excellent! I would drive over the hill just to have one! Next time, we will try some other dishes, but we're pretty sure it's all good, based on the reactions form the other diners.

• Visited September 2013