“Best Hotel in Auburn!”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have to put up bands, relatives & guests on a regular basis here in Auburn, and every now and then I need a place myself, - There are several hotels in Auburn (Holiday Inn, Best Western, Quality Inn, Motel 6) Of all I am listing, you really can't go wrong - but the Comfort Inn is now the ONLY hotel I refer people too. The Combination Price, Room, Location & Service Can't be beat. They have a few nice features, including the continental breakfast (make your own waffles!) a computer to use in the lobby, wi-fi.... THey do have a pool during the good weather times too. The Owner and all the staff are local good ole down home folks! win-win!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an exit
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I am sitting in our room now. The rooms are oddly numbered with no apparent sequence. Good luck in an emergency. There was a fire alarm last night that was barely audible.
The pool is dirty with a oily feeling to the water. No towels in the pool towel cabinet.
The "breakfast" is adequate, but guests were tripping all over each other.

The air and its controls are awkward at best. Fan on, no sleep. Fan off, too hot.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The outside is attractive and the location was good for us while we were here visiting family. The rooms were adequate but nothing special. The carpeting and blankets need to be replaced. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast bar offers a good selection. We had a couple of small maintenance issues when we arrived but someone was here in 10 minutes to fix them. We probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

To be sure, it's a motel, not a hotel, but as a motel is a fine one, everything is as it should be. Quaint little simple motel at the footstep of the mountains.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tell-u-what-friend
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had an enjoyable stay and found time for a swim in the pool which is in a pretty garden setting. I accidently left a garment at the hotel and it was forwarded to me in Australia. Wonderful customer service!

Joan

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan255060
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here for my mom's 80th birthday party...relatives scattered around Auburn. This and the Motel 6 next door had the best rates for an inexpensive, nice hotel. The Hoiday Inn Express was $40/more per night! Crazy!
The room was nice...very comfortable, updated, clean. Our only problem was the noise of the air conditioner. We can't sleep with it going on and off all night. Leaving it on was too cold, off with the windows open was too hot.
Tried just the fan...but that was noisey also. I've slept in LOTS of hotel rooms where the air wasn't so noisey...but overall, I'd stay there again, but not in the heat of the summer when it doesn't cool off enough at night.

And this was another hotel which has 'upgraded' to those goofy square pillows. They have 4 of them on each bed. They are tooooo fat! Your head and neck are elevated too much, or too much for me anyway.

Breakfast was decent. Lots of families gobbling up waffles and eggs.
WiFi Internet worked well.

Room Tip: Further away from the interstate, the better
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

EW! the shower was PHILTHY! The front desk staff was unfriendly and unprofessional. I am all around certain that I will not stay there again, and would not recommend it to anyone! the bed was comfy and the rest of the room was pretty clean but I showered with moldy walls and some wierd red spots on the shower curtain... creepy to say the least! I could have stayed in a motel six for $40 and gotten the same cleanliness and service. The front desk staff acts as though the guests are a bother, and answers questions very abruptly with bad tone and an attitude that makes you feel like they dont want you there. When I checked out I informed them of the GROSS conditions the shower was in, and didn't even get an appology... they just assured me they would find out who was cleaning it today and make sure they knew that.... wow....

Room Tip: pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!