“Don't Stay Here”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Petaluma, California
“Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Booked room day of, cost $99 but I had no choice because my mother was in ICU in Auburn and all other places booked up. I called them personally at 7pm to make sure that I wouldn't be getting the last room they had if I checked in late that evening. They said "No Problem" and I showed up at midnight after a long day at the hospital, exhausted. I arrived at midnight, get the last room they had and told with no A/C working. Not only was I mad but I wasn't offered any discount but they said they didn't know until they cleaned it that it wasn't working. That seems like a flat out lie because they clean them in the afternoon and I called at in the evening. It was 86 degrees in the room! The front desk person said sorry but they didn't have anything left, even though she knew I had called a few hours before. The room had 2 windows that did open but both the screens were totally broken out, enough for someone to crawl through, so I didn't feel comfortable enough to leave them open while I slept. The swing lock for the door was coming off the wall, furniture was so old and worn, carpets filthy (I wouldn't walk without sandals on) outlets were not working in 2 areas and the whole place stinks! I can't believe they think any room is worth $99. I stayed at 2 other hotels in Roseville and they were beautiful and clean and cost the same price. I should have just slept in my car but was to tired. I will NEVER stay there again!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I do want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right and what were doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to you. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem. Once again i apologize and look forward to seeing you again in the future. And also if you can give me a call i would like to make it right with on your room rate as i was out on vaction and this should of been handled a different way. Please give me a call 530-885-1800.

Lorie Gregory
Front Office Manager 530-885-1800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Cruz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Will not spend any more time or money here. Front desk person was rude and inefficient, we waited 25 minutes to check in, she was disorganized and seemed to have difficultly with the computer.

Room was adequate...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rumrunner68
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

San Jose, Ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had 2 rooms. 2 of the beds had blankets with a hole in them (like a cigarette burn). The bedroom windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned for quite a while. The doors from inside/outside needed cleaning.
I mentioned the blankets to the lady at the front desk and told her she should let housekeeping know about them. She didn't seem to care that we had a problem.
I showed one blanket to housekeeping - SHE cared!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marsdencci
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 17 July 2013

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager
Minot, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

This Comfort Inn was the first stop on our five day road trip. We're traveling with two small children and a dog so finding a pet friendly hotel was a must. Parking was wonderful-we had our suv and a large trailer on the back. Unfortunately our room was awful. I totally understand that not all pet owners are responsible, but wow. Our room wreaked of animal urine. If I hadn't been driving literately all day and some kind of energy left, I would've tried to find another hotel. I'm sure it was nice for those traveling without pets, but those with a pet in tow beware...unless the smell of urine doesn't bother you...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thetinkles
We do apologize for any inconvenience to you and your family on your stay with us. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem in our pet rooms as they are desined for pets, i do wanna apologize for the smell as we do use room cleaners for our pet rooms to get rid of the oders that come with other guest pets, Your willingness to share your recent experience is very genuinely appreciated, And once again i apologize and look foward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager
Kimberly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Have you ever indulged in a banana/strawberry smoothie at your local Denney's?There is one located right across the street from your hotel.If your day is going bad,life will be good once again.Or if you feel like taco"s.Taco bell is right next door.Oh yes,the hotel.I stayed in room 141.The shower is knockout good..I deliver new firetrucks around the country and normally drive 600 or 700 miles a day.I know good showers and good smoothies.Not much else.The bed is comfortable.Slept 9 hours.That's a long time for me.Cost of room about $80 bucks.Clean and great rolling chair at desk for paperwork.Quiet too.Flight delayed next day out of Modesto.Only hotel that offered shuttle was something tree.Nice people,great chocolate chip cookies.Huge.There was 15 stories,but I could hear the guy next to me passing gas.I always stay in Auburn at this Comfort Inn,coming out of the Sierra's.I-80 west bound,take exit 121.Turn right off exit,go through light.Stop if it's red.On the right.Enjoy your stay,Smoothie sounds good about right now.

Room Tip: Room 141 for sure
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank You for your comments, we truly love hearing that our guest's enjoyed their stay here at the Comfort Inn. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right, what were doing wrong and how we can improve. Thank You once again.

We look forward to serving your future travel needs, hoping to see you again in the near future.

Thank You Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Auburn. The instant I walked in to the lobby,I felt as if I were at home. It was cozy and comfortable. The rooms were so quite and clean. The staff was very friendly and patient. They also had a really tasty breakfast. Loved the stay, it was perfect for a family. I will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, we truly love hearing that our guest enjoyed their stay here at the comfort inn. We look forward to serving your future travel needs,hoping to see you again in the near future, Thank you

Thanks, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager
Queen Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Decent enough place - as others have mentions - a bit dated.
WE will stay there again!
Wonderful staff (great attidutes, friendly greeting, etc), clean & comfortable room, very tasty breakfast
(note - dice up a couple sausage links and drop them in the waffle batter)...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
BEST WESTERN Golden Key
#1 of 10 in Grass Valley
Northern Queen Inn
Northern Queen Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!