“A Comfortable place to Stay”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Quincy, CA
“A Comfortable place to Stay”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a 2 star property so don't expect the Hyatt level of furnishings. BUT, it's adequate and comfortable. I was on a golf outing with 2 buddies to play 2 courses in the Auburn area. When we checked in Carrie was friendly, helpful, and efficient. One of my buddies insisted that she give us the deal of the century, but Carrie stuck to the protocol and pointed to a restaurant across the street that had Hotelcoupons magazines. So, we got three of the magazines and cut out the coupon that gave us the best rate for the Comfort Inn. The rooms are simple. However, they were clean and well maintained. There was no downside to the night's rest. The place was quiet, even with indoor hallways. The breakfast was another story. They had the typical breakfast cereals, toast, bagels, prepackaged muffins,etc. Avoid the eggs and sausage! The eggs were not good at all. Maybe they were powdered eggs, I don't know. They were hard, dry, and had no flavor whatsoever. The sausages were mediocre. One of my friends had a waffle and he said it was fine.
Overall, for a budget motel, I recommend the place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the northwest side of the motel. The lighting for the parking on that side is dimm...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Our home is your home we are happy to here our guest's had a great stay. On behalf of the team we would like to say thank you for staying with us at the comfort inn and when ever you come back to auburn remeber our home is your home and would like for you to stop and say hi, Once again thank you for your feed back on your stay and we hope to see you in the future.

Comfort Inn Central In Auburn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Roseau
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Enjoyed our stay in June for our group in 3 rooms. Nice rooms, beds, etc. Only issue was the heat in the room wasn't easily controllable., Rooms were quiet and clean and breakfast was great, pus a fast food place next door.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
On behalf of the staff here at the Comfort Inn Central we would like to to say thank you for your stay and also thank you for the feed back on your stay, We like to hear that our guest had a great stay with us. Our home is your home away from home hope to see you in the future again thank you and have a wonderful day. The staff here at The Comfort Inn Central.:)
Alajuela, Costa Rica
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There are not a lot of hotels to choose from in this part of California. Comfort Inns are usually okay, but this was an exception. The room was not clean, it was really pretty gritty in the corners and smelled bad. The staff try to be helpful, but they really don't have a lot to work with. The "breakfast" was awful. You can make your own waffles, but I wouldn't recommend you do that. The batter is made from so much artificial stuff that after one bite you end up with a bad taste in your mouth that lasts an inordinate amount of time. I just can't recommend that anyone stay here. The only plus is that it is right near downtown Auburn, which is wonderfully quaint, and located right off the freeway, so you have quick on and off access.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank You for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for falling to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in the future.
Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Auburn, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

On any given year I have booked multiple rooms for at least 10 Nights at this Hotel - My reputation is at risk when I do this, and would never put someone where they may have a negative experience. There are many options available in this area - I have tried several, but for the last 4 years I book exclusively at the Comfort Inn - The are very conveniently located just off of Highway 80 - their prices are very fair, Parking is plentiful, and they are close to some fast food if wanted (they also have the typical Choice Hotel "continental breakfast". The Pool in the summer is nice too. This is not a resort - It is a travelers hotel - it has been here for a very long time & has a good reputation. The negative reviews that seemed to pop up the last few months concerned me - I went to the hotel to see if something had changed (I have not booked a room since July) - I was pleased to see that the core of the staff was there & that all is good - the sky did not fall. I do know that Lori has always been responsive of concerns as she was today!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank You Scott, We always look forwrad to having your guest also be our guest, !!!
Thank You for your comments, we truly love hearing that our guest's enjoyed their stay here at the comfort inn. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we;re doing wrong and how we can improve. Thank You Agin Scott and hope to hear from you soon!!
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Booked room day of, cost $99 but I had no choice because my mother was in ICU in Auburn and all other places booked up. I called them personally at 7pm to make sure that I wouldn't be getting the last room they had if I checked in late that evening. They said "No Problem" and I showed up at midnight after a long day at the hospital, exhausted. I arrived at midnight, get the last room they had and told with no A/C working. Not only was I mad but I wasn't offered any discount but they said they didn't know until they cleaned it that it wasn't working. That seems like a flat out lie because they clean them in the afternoon and I called at in the evening. It was 86 degrees in the room! The front desk person said sorry but they didn't have anything left, even though she knew I had called a few hours before. The room had 2 windows that did open but both the screens were totally broken out, enough for someone to crawl through, so I didn't feel comfortable enough to leave them open while I slept. The swing lock for the door was coming off the wall, furniture was so old and worn, carpets filthy (I wouldn't walk without sandals on) outlets were not working in 2 areas and the whole place stinks! I can't believe they think any room is worth $99. I stayed at 2 other hotels in Roseville and they were beautiful and clean and cost the same price. I should have just slept in my car but was to tired. I will NEVER stay there again!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I do want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right and what were doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to you. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem. Once again i apologize and look forward to seeing you again in the future. And also if you can give me a call i would like to make it right with on your room rate as i was out on vaction and this should of been handled a different way. Please give me a call 530-885-1800.

Lorie Gregory
Front Office Manager 530-885-1800
Santa Cruz
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Will not spend any more time or money here. Front desk person was rude and inefficient, we waited 25 minutes to check in, she was disorganized and seemed to have difficultly with the computer.

Room was adequate...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rumrunner68
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had 2 rooms. 2 of the beds had blankets with a hole in them (like a cigarette burn). The bedroom windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned for quite a while. The doors from inside/outside needed cleaning.
I mentioned the blankets to the lady at the front desk and told her she should let housekeeping know about them. She didn't seem to care that we had a problem.
I showed one blanket to housekeeping - SHE cared!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marsdencci
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 17 July 2013

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Motel 6 Auburn
Motel 6 Auburn
#3 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!