Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$72
US$143
US$130
Best Western Golden Key(Auburn)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$65
US$58
US$111
US$97
All reviewstaco bellfather's daymet my expectationsroom was cleanstay there againstaff was helpful and friendlyc unitfront desk clerkcontinental breakfastlake tahoevisiting familygrocery storemini fridgepool and hot tubgrass valleyeasy accessholiday inn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

this was one of the worst hotels we stay inn on our 5000 mile trip. The walls were dirty the bathroom was not as clean as it could be. the breakfast was dry. not appealing at all. The dollar value was not good at all $90 plus. just not happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

To Our Recent Guest,

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I do want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest.Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again i want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sincerely, Lorie Gregory
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Enjoyed our stay in June for our group in 3 rooms. Nice rooms, beds, etc. Only issue was the heat in the room wasn't easily controllable., Rooms were quiet and clean and breakfast was great, pus a fast food place next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

On behalf of the staff here at the Comfort Inn Central we would like to to say thank you for your stay and also thank you for the feed back on your stay, We like to hear that our guest had a great stay with us. Our home is your home away from home hope to see you in the future again thank you and have a wonderful day. The staff here at The Comfort Inn Central.:)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

There are not a lot of hotels to choose from in this part of California. Comfort Inns are usually okay, but this was an exception. The room was not clean, it was really pretty gritty in the corners and smelled bad. The staff try to be helpful, but they really don't have a lot to work with. The "breakfast" was awful. You can make your own waffles, but I wouldn't recommend you do that. The batter is made from so much artificial stuff that after one bite you end up with a bad taste in your mouth that lasts an inordinate amount of time. I just can't recommend that anyone stay here. The only plus is that it is right near downtown Auburn, which is wonderfully quaint, and located right off the freeway, so you have quick on and off access.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank You for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for falling to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in the future.
Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2013

On any given year I have booked multiple rooms for at least 10 Nights at this Hotel - My reputation is at risk when I do this, and would never put someone where they may have a negative experience. There are many options available in this area - I have tried several, but for the last 4 years I book exclusively at the Comfort Inn - The are very conveniently located just off of Highway 80 - their prices are very fair, Parking is plentiful, and they are close to some fast food if wanted (they also have the typical Choice Hotel "continental breakfast". The Pool in the summer is nice too. This is not a resort - It is a travelers hotel - it has been here for a very long time & has a good reputation. The negative reviews that seemed to pop up the last few months concerned me - I went to the hotel to see if something had changed (I have not booked a room since July) - I was pleased to see that the core of the staff was there & that all is good - the sky did not fall. I do know that Lori has always been responsive of concerns as she was today!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank You Scott, We always look forwrad to having your guest also be our guest, !!!
Thank You for your comments, we truly love hearing that our guest's enjoyed their stay here at the comfort inn. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we;re doing wrong and how we can improve. Thank You Agin Scott and hope to hear from you soon!!
Sincerely, Lorie Gregory Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Booked room day of, cost $99 but I had no choice because my mother was in ICU in Auburn and all other places booked up. I called them personally at 7pm to make sure that I wouldn't be getting the last room they had if I checked in late that evening. They said "No Problem" and I showed up at midnight after a long day at the hospital, exhausted. I arrived at midnight, get the last room they had and told with no A/C working. Not only was I mad but I wasn't offered any discount but they said they didn't know until they cleaned it that it wasn't working. That seems like a flat out lie because they clean them in the afternoon and I called at in the evening. It was 86 degrees in the room! The front desk person said sorry but they didn't have anything left, even though she knew I had called a few hours before. The room had 2 windows that did open but both the screens were totally broken out, enough for someone to crawl through, so I didn't feel comfortable enough to leave them open while I slept. The swing lock for the door was coming off the wall, furniture was so old and worn, carpets filthy (I wouldn't walk without sandals on) outlets were not working in 2 areas and the whole place stinks! I can't believe they think any room is worth $99. I stayed at 2 other hotels in Roseville and they were beautiful and clean and cost the same price. I should have just slept in my car but was to tired. I will NEVER stay there again!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what were doing right and what were doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to you. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem. Once again i apologize and look forward to seeing you again in the future. And also if you can give me a call i would like to make it right with on your room rate as i was out on vaction and this should of been handled a different way. Please give me a call 530-885-1800.

Lorie Gregory