“Comfort Inn Auburn CA”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We recently visited Auburn Ca on our way to Reno. We stayed one night at beginning of trip and one night one way back. Though it was an older hotel it was very clean. Real easy to find, just be careful pulling in because of a Taco Bell right next door. They share a driveway on one side. Its only 2 exits from old town Auburn and 30 minutes or less to downtown Sacramento. Its really halfway point between airport and downtown. Extremely nice staff. And several restaurants within walking distance. I would stay again. Price was great.

Room Tip: Its next to highway but they do have a pool so you might ask for a room with a pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joni D

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We had no problems with our room #235. Everything worked, was stocked well, was clean, had working mini fridge and micro. Also great black out drapes. Danielle at front desk was attentive and accomadating. Dora in housekeeping did an excellent job and makes a tidy bed. When you have knowledge of how the job should be performed, it is nice to see but done correctly. My daughter used to b a housekeeper and is a current front desk clerk for a different chain. Breakfast offered blueberry or plain waffles, sausage, cereals, Danish, bagels, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and fruit and beverages. Not fond of the scrambled egg patty that was available. Disappointed spa was not heated and available. Pool was nice. A couple of nice sitting areas inside and out. No elevator.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in this awesome hotel. The staff was unbelievably friendly, the rooms were really clean, the pool was clean and quite refreshing. The breakfast room was large and the food was plentiful. It was hot - over 100 - a few days - and the AC worked liked a charm. The bathroom was clean - the shower had great pressure - and the hotel was really quiet - even with people coming and going - it was quiet. We were in room 113 - right by the exit door - and we never heard anyone coming and going to the parking lot. Never heard cars - only heard the awesome sound of a train whistle!

There is no elevator - so if you have lots of bags to carry - ask for the first floor!

Across the street is a Denny's and a Starbucks. Close by is a Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, McDonald's, and a grocery store along with many other stores and gas stations. It's a perfect location.

Will be staying here again and again as we travel to see our son and his family...

Room Tip: We were in 113 - great room on the end.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My shower had the soap and shampoo from the last guest. The shower floor was busted and poorly patched with fiberglass. My coworker, upon walking to his just assigned room, noticed an elderly man and a young girl leaving the room he was booked into. After this duo disappeared down the hall, he went into the room to find the bed unmade, and no luggage or any sign that it was occupied by a paying guest since it was last cleaned and listed as ready to rent. The front desk dismissed this casually, despite the fact that it appeared that a crime was just commited on their grounds. They still allow smoking in some rooms and the halls smell like smoke. The furniture is tired, the bed is deplorable. The front desk staff is powerless to make any improvements to satisfy the guest. Run from this place.

Room Tip: Don't expect much. The low rates for this area raise all kinds of red flags.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jimmy T T
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Desk was staffed by maintenance man getting check in instructions over the phone for another guest. After about 10 minutes 2 clerks showed up & I was finally helped. They were talking to each other more than the guests but I got checked in ok. Room was good size & comfortable. It is nice that the hotel is a little bit away from the freeway for a quieter stay. Trains go by in back but not an issue. Bed was not real comfortable but ok for a night. An alarm went off in the hallway at about 12:30 a.m. 3 times within 10 minutes. No sign of smoke/fire.

Don't bother with breakfast. Eggs were kind of flipped omelet style. I had to scrape one off the pan. After one bite I threw it away. I don't expect a lot from this type of breakfast but these were inedible. I have been to many other hotels in their chain & this is the worst breakfast ever. Pastries were individually packed that I am sure were gross. Orange juice worse than usual. No cranberry which is usually ok. Only stay here if you get a good rate and don't subject yourself to breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CathyNV
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your sta. I do want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, its disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to you. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem. Once again I apologize and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Lorie Gregory
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here one night so my husband could run a trail race the next day. It's not the Ritz-Carlton but it was clean and did the trick. Good value for the money. Staff was pleasant. Room was pretty large and the location was convenient. Would stay again if doing another race in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Just wanna so thank you for your feed back on how your stay was with us! Hope you and your husband have safe travels and the staff and i hope to see you both soon, Once again thank you for making our home your home away from Home! Hope to see ya'll soon!

Best Regards Lorie Gregory Front Office manager

Reviewed 28 November 2013

this was one of the worst hotels we stay inn on our 5000 mile trip. The walls were dirty the bathroom was not as clean as it could be. the breakfast was dry. not appealing at all. The dollar value was not good at all $90 plus. just not happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lorie G, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

To Our Recent Guest,

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I do want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest.Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

We do apologize for any inconvenience to you. I do want to let you know that we are taking action to correct this problem. Once again i apologize and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Again i want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sincerely, Lorie Gregory
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Holiday Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
The Historic American River Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom

Been to Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!