All reviews taco bell red lion is small pool stay there again visiting family staff was helpful and friendly clean towels front desk clerk lake tahoe comfortable room grocery store western states continental breakfast mini fridge pool and hot tub television carpeting
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a very nice hotel. We Just stayed for 1 night for up north. Rooms a clean en quiet. Small pool but also very clean. Old town of Auburn is awsome to take diner. Its an old golddigger town. Thanks for a good nice sleep!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Filthy and smelly room. Not fit for guests. No clock, holes in the wall patches with duct tape. Homeless people rummaging through trash in parking lot. I felt unsafe. I’m grateful the front desk staff reduced my room rate. I can’t stay here or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Liked the fact that the Red Lion in Auburn was close to the freeway and a lot of restaurants. We were visiting with friends in Auburn, California. We liked Old Town Auburn and the fact that their were so many restaurants to choose from, for lunches and dinners. Also enjoyed the breakfasts each morning at the Red Lion. The two couches in the junior suite need to be cleaned. But, we did like the large room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

First off, our overall experience was absolutely horrible. When we first arrived it took us over 30 minutes to get assisted. The girl came out of who knows what twice and completely avoided us. We finally had enough and stepped out side. Finally she comes out all strung out, never made eye contact with us. It literally seemed like she was in there doing drugs. I have never seen such thing. Finally we're checked in and we go look for our room... our room is at the end of the hall where there's an exit door that house keeping seems to use... there is 2 sketchy men standing there urging us to open the door. We ignore them and do does house keeping. Instantly we feel unsafe and uncomfortable with the whole situation. We go in our "non- smoking" room and the room reeks like cigarettes. It's so bad we instantly get a headache. The room was absolutely filthy and just felt gross sitting in there. The bed was made, but i mean it felt filthy and smelled so gross. We were there for maybe 15 mins. We checked in and checked right out. We do not ever recommend staying here to anyone. Especially families with children. I will be contacting corporate as well. What an awful stay of 15 mins.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My family got in at 10 pm and left at 8 am for a day of river rafting so I didn't want to stay in a pricey hotel for one night. The reviews about the rooms needing some TLC are true, but the price was $70 cheaper than the local Holiday Inn and they served breakfast so it worked for our needs. The breakfast was very basic and based on other reviews about the eggs I stuck with the waffles and cereal. Betty at reception was friendly and answered all my questions over the phone and checked us in. When I found what looked like pet hair on one of the pillowcases, she moved us to a different room which was good as the first room also had an a/c unit that was loud. The one in the 2nd room was quieter. The hotel was 5 minutes from the raft meeting place behind Raleys which was very convenient.

Stayed: July 2018