“Great Chips while you wait for your order.”

Maria's Mexican Tacos
Ranked #79 of 170 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Maria is so sweet and her food feels very authentic straight from her home kitchen. Chips are free while you wait and you can also buy to take home. My husband loves the tortas (Mexican sandwiches filled with choice of meat and toppings) and I like their soft tacos.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Did I spell that right? Anyway, casual place, easy to find. Just off I-80 at Foresthill, by the bowling alley. I love the barbacoa tacos, but I've also had their fish tacos, both excellent. They have chips and salsa 'gratis' when you eat there, and their salsa is very good, as is the beer on tap. I've never had to wait long. They also sell misc. mexican items, ie. pinatas, candles, soap, etc. I feel very authentic. Great place.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

If you want authentic tacos, this is the place. Maria is such a nice lady and a great cook. Service is always good.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Took my granddaughter for lunch and ordered tamales- a favorite dish . After a very long wait, we each received one along with some hard rice and dried refried beans. The tamale, when sliced, showed a meat content approximately the size of a pencil lead.. Never again- ever!

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Restaurant is good, but but the ambience is excellent. They just expanded and now have a beautiful outside patio. I'd recommend the marinated chicken salad. Margaritas are good as well.