“New Favorite Stop on Way to Tahoe!”
Review of Auburn Alehouse

Auburn Alehouse
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Brian & Lisa Ford opened Auburn Alehouse Brewery & Restaurant in 2007 in the iconic Shanghai Restaurant, embracing the building's character and colorful history in the heart of Historic Auburn. While enjoying their full bistro menu, patrons can often see Brian & his brewers making world-class beer in small batches, using only the finest malted barley and American-grown hops. With a collection of prestigious awards hanging on the wall it's easy to see why the SacBee recently said Auburn Alehouse is one of the region's premier craft breweries. Favorites include the Gold Digger IPA (CA State Fair Gold Medal Winner), Gold Country Pilsner (GABF Gold Medal Winner), Hop Donkey (GABF Silver Medal Winner) and PU240 IPA! Lunch and Dinner are served every day, while our Brunch menu is served on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon. Don't forget we have a dog friendly patio!
Santa Cruz, CA
“New Favorite Stop on Way to Tahoe!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband, friend and I were one our way to Tahoe in the middle of a raging snowstorm. We were hungry and not too keen on maybe getting stuck on the highway without having had some sustenance. We used Trip Advisor on our smartphones to find a reasonable restaurant and we ended up at the Auburn Ale House! Fabulous! I had some of the Stout beer - a nice oatmeal stout, rich, chocolately, yeasty and delish. For dinner I had the reuben sandwich with beer batter fries. It was soooo tasty that I didn't want to share with my husband. He had a Shanghai Chicken Salad which was a delight and our friend had fish tacos. We were all happy campers!

• Visited February 2014

Oakland, California
“A great I-80 pit stop.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went here with the kids and in-laws. Had a great meal of above average bar food. Their beers are well priced and decent quality. The beers they already bottle are all standouts. Great service, great for kids, decent outdoor seating. Will return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lecollye
Santa Cruz, California
“Great Beer Great Food Great Service!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped on our way to Tahoe on a Friday evening with no prior knowledge or recommendations, what a find! We had to wait 30 minutes for a table but well worth it. The menu has a little something for everyone on the food side a the beer was excellent. Since I was driving had to pick up a growler to enjoy in Tahoe.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul N
“best lunch in a long time...”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I ordered the chicken mannequin salad...wow! My mouth was doing a happy dance!I've been talking about this salad for days..it was that good! Chopped various greens..orange slices..peanuts..scallions..wontons..all tossed in a cilantro lime dressing with peanut sauce on top..every single bite was outstanding..I will definitely be back! Oh.and Leta our server was very attentive..giving great beverage recommendations..

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank shelikescats
Sacramento, California
“Best Local Brew in the Greater Sac Area”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are a beer lover, then this is a definite must hit while doing the beer scene in Sacramento. The beer is well crafted, complex, and interesting. The food is better than your standard bar fare, and really quite good. They are definitely working to offer quality.

We have been innumerable times (great stop after hiking in the nearby Auburn Rec Area) and every single time is wonderful. We even served their beer at our wedding!

• Visited August 2013