“Good, but not great”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2013

It is hard to understand all these reviews for this restaurant. It IS good. But just good. Not great.

Pluses: Best of all is the wait staff. The try hard to help. They know the menu well. And they are very willing to help you customize or make changes so that you get what you want.

Minuses: this is a small place, and don't expect dazzling interior decor. The wine list is limited. The vegetables don't seem as fresh as most, and the fried tofu appeared to be old or leftover. Meat was uninspiring. Curiously, some at our table had some parts of their meal as very hot and some parts of the same dish as barely warm

We had a pretty good sized group when we are there, so we tested the kitchen's abilities, I am sure. But the plates came out generally at the same time. This group size issue may explain the various temperature differences of food delivered to our table.

So please go and try it out. I'll be surprised if you agree with all these other reviews. You'll most likely leave the place like me: that was an okay meal. Not great. But okay.

1  Thank fidelrobert
There are newer reviews for Royal Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to this restaurant. I love Thai food and have traveled around the world more than once so cuisine is a big deal to me. This is a small place in the shopping area of Old Town Auburn. I found the food outstanding, the service even better, and the presentation excellent. I had the seafood Thai fried rice, which was pricier than the other forms of the same. It had shrimp, calamari, mussels, fish, and more. I enjoyed a very relaxing lunch in a clean comfortable restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We were looking for a good place to eat for lunch when we stumbled across this place! Glad we did. The service was excellent and the food matched. We had the Chicken Pad Thai, Chicken Salad, and Basil Eggplant with tofu. All the dishes met the expecations. Flavorful and fresh. Will eat here again when in town.

2  Thank Rahulm80
Reviewed 3 March 2013

While in Auburn we chose to eat at the Royal Thai restaurant for 2 reasons. My friend likes Thai food and they are gluten-free friendly, a necessity for me. They are most receptive to those with special needs like me, and my stirfry was delicious. Prices are very resonable, a worthwhile stop.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

If you want to find a variety of dishes with the Thai influence, this is the place. The food was delicious and plentiful to satisfy our family's joy of thai food.