“Had a nice breakfast here!”
Review of Max's

Max's
Ranked #17 of 167 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49, Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
Auburn,CA
“Had a nice breakfast here!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I live near Max's and usually avoid places near the freeway due to crowds, but the wife and I tried it recently for breakfast and enjoyed it. The place was formerly a Marie Callenders and is situated next to the hotel. The wife had her eggs benedict and I had a light breakfast of french toast. The service was good, the food was very nice. We usually eat breakfast about 9am during the week, so it was no crowded. The Holiday Inn would generate a fair amount of business. The Grass Valley Highway(Hwy 49) is just down the driveway with the westbound I80 straight ahead at the signal and the eastbound onramp just 2 easy left turns. The In & Out nextdoor is typically very crowded especially with the ski crowds, but it does have a drive through for those on the road eats. I found Max's prices to be reasonable for breakfast and can not vouch for lunch or dinner. It's a nicely decorated place, not a Dennys, so prices could be expected to be higher and cafes. I got 3 peanut butter cookies for the dear wife before we left to enjoy later.

• Visited August 2013

Grass Valley, California
“Great food in Auburn”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having seen their billboard on I-80, I thought I'd give this place a try. Our server, David couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating! The menu is very comprehensive -- there are many entrees and pastas, WONDERFUL salads, delicious deli sandwiches and burgers -- something for everyone. The food is very good, but make sure you save room for dessert! We had the New York cheesecake -- and it was just as good as any cheesecake I have had in any New York deli. We'll be going back!

• Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Best Auburn has to offer”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I dined at Max's for dinner, and was amazed by the food and service by Brett. Two days later, my partner and I were married, and the family hosted our reception there. Again, excellent food, drinks and service by Marcie.

Visited July 2013
Payson, Utah
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have a Ruben and French Onion soup and it was very good they also have great sour dough rolls. Prices are a little high but it is a nice sit down restaurant.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank shortsallyear
Averill Park, New York
“Mexican omelette is addictive!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I frequent Max's when I can for breakfast, always ordering the Mexican cheese omelette (with bacon, refried beans, etc. inside). Served with salsa, guacamole and sour cream, what really makes it stand out are the deep fried jalapeno slices that accompany the order (I always ask for extra). No need for the usual fried potatoes and bread (toast, muffin, whatever), because this omelette alone will fill you up!
I also always ask to sit in the adjoining portion of the restaurant that is away from the sports bar (where they'll try to automatically seat you if you're there as they open). This is because there are several TVs always on and I have a very low tolerance for all of that noise so early in the morning. If a new hostess, they'll often try to state that "that section is closed," but you're the customer so be affirmative.
Oh, and look for a 1/2-off entree coupon (when ordering second full-price entree). These appear in the local shopper.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Max's? Share your experiences!