“Fabulous Service and Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Max's
Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49, Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
Auburn, CA
“Fabulous Service and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have eaten here numerous times and have been very satisfied each time. Their grilled salmon with quinoa is so delicious I have a hard time ordering anything different. I also love their Chinese chicken salad, chicken pot pie, and of course, their Reuben sandwich. The servers are very flexible, gracious, and attentive. The bakery goods are unbelievable in flavor and size...5 of us shared one chocolate dipped macaroon - a perfect ending to a great night of dining.

The only con I have is, like most restaurants, it can get loud and hard to hear if you are eating with a group.

1 Thank TravelerAuburn_CA

ojai
“The worst meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the first time I have written a bad review for a place of business, but this restaurant was so bad that I felt I had to comment.
My daughter and I ate at Maxi's. She ordered sliders with meat so fat filled she couldn't eat them. There were dried up onion rings on top, also uneatable.
I ordered beet and feta cheese salad. The beets were unrecognizable, no flavor at all, the feta cheese had no sharpness and the lettuce was soggy.
This restaurant is attached to a hotel. Perhaps they figure most of their clientele won't be regular customers, so they don't care.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank madjack247
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went for a quick dinner and the first restaurant went to was very cold. Decided to try Max's just around the corner. Very pleasantly surprised. Super friendly staff, quick service and excellent food. The bistro salad is delicious and very filling. We brought a piece of cheesecake home for later. It was right up with some of the best NY cheesecakes and there was plenty for 2. I will definitely be going back.

Auburn,CA
“Had a nice breakfast here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I live near Max's and usually avoid places near the freeway due to crowds, but the wife and I tried it recently for breakfast and enjoyed it. The place was formerly a Marie Callenders and is situated next to the hotel. The wife had her eggs benedict and I had a light breakfast of french toast. The service was good, the food was very nice. We usually eat breakfast about 9am during the week, so it was no crowded. The Holiday Inn would generate a fair amount of business. The Grass Valley Highway(Hwy 49) is just down the driveway with the westbound I80 straight ahead at the signal and the eastbound onramp just 2 easy left turns. The In & Out nextdoor is typically very crowded especially with the ski crowds, but it does have a drive through for those on the road eats. I found Max's prices to be reasonable for breakfast and can not vouch for lunch or dinner. It's a nicely decorated place, not a Dennys, so prices could be expected to be higher and cafes. I got 3 peanut butter cookies for the dear wife before we left to enjoy later.

• Visited August 2013
Grass Valley, California
“Great food in Auburn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having seen their billboard on I-80, I thought I'd give this place a try. Our server, David couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating! The menu is very comprehensive -- there are many entrees and pastas, WONDERFUL salads, delicious deli sandwiches and burgers -- something for everyone. The food is very good, but make sure you save room for dessert! We had the New York cheesecake -- and it was just as good as any cheesecake I have had in any New York deli. We'll be going back!