“Lots to Choose From!”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! Blend of New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Enjoy watching the game in our full bar with large screen TV's or relax with friends on our pet friendly patio. We host a variety of event types in our 4 private event spaces. Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49. Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great selection of food and a nice bar. You could be very healthy or have a great 'cheat' day at this restaurant. Service was outstanding.

There are newer reviews for Max's Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Max's in Auburn has a wonderfully varied menu while also staying close to its Kosher Style roots. The Reuben is the best (even beat out one I had in NYC last Year), Salads are substantial and seasoned just the right amount (I hate salads swimming in dressing). Wraps at lunch are big and delicious, and in winter I love their chicken pot pie (has anyone ever told them they have TOO MUCH CHICKEN in the pie). The small burger at 6 oz, is more than enough but their big one is a true belly buster. And don't forget the sweet potato fries or real onion rings to top off the meal. Also offering prime rib at dinner time - delicious.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We ate here because we were staying in the hotel. Had a nice chicken dinner for about $17, which I think is reasonable. The breakfasts were good and also reasonably-priced, about the same as Denny's and similar restaurants. The only reason I gave it 3 instead of 4 is because of the really short-staffing on one morning, which led to long waits and lots of unhappy folks trying to get breakfast.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This restaurant is part of the Holiday Inn Auburn, and guests can access it from inside and non-guests from outside the hotel. The service was superb. We had a large group that included 3 little ones and couples joining later than the rest of the group and the waiter stayed very calmed, nice and friendly throughout this chaos, and amazingly everybody got their food at the same time. The food was exquisite with appropriate-size portions. I ordered the seared salmon which was perfectly seasoned and felt as if it melted in my mouth. The house wine had a good bouquet and lingering taste. Everyone at our table seemed to like their choice of food. The following night we attended a non-hosted, private wedding party at their bar and again, the food selection and service were extremely good. And the next morning we attended the farewell brunch at one of the halls, the food presentation was extremely appetizing and everything tasted really good.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have eaten here numerous times and have been very satisfied each time. Their grilled salmon with quinoa is so delicious I have a hard time ordering anything different. I also love their Chinese chicken salad, chicken pot pie, and of course, their Reuben sandwich. The servers are very flexible, gracious, and attentive. The bakery goods are unbelievable in flavor and size...5 of us shared one chocolate dipped macaroon - a perfect ending to a great night of dining.

The only con I have is, like most restaurants, it can get loud and hard to hear if you are eating with a group.

1  Thank TravelerAuburn_CA

Been to Max's Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!