“Still yummy at Max's!”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! Blend of New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Enjoy watching the game in our full bar with large screen TV's or relax with friends on our pet friendly patio. We host a variety of event types in our 4 private event spaces. Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49. Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Second time eating here and it's still good. Sandwiches are huge, music great but not too loud and waitress was attentive. It was busy but food came out quickly. Enjoyed my visit once again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had been wanting to try this restaurant. Drove to Auburn, CA, to give it a try. It was July 5, 2014, 3:30 pm, not real hungry, so we decided to split a patty melt. Ordered it medium, and it came out well done, and burnt on the bottom and not hot, coupled with it took so long for it to come out. Sent it back. Kept the potato chips to munch on. New patty melt came out, no pickles, but sauce. (first one had pickles, but no sauce). Also, no chips. Now, they could have added more chips since the first one was wrong.
Service: had to ask for a refill on the sodas while we waited. The server was the bartender, and she was very busy with a customer at the bar. When he left, they kissed---no wonder our service was bad!! Such unprofessionalism shown by an employee!!
The manager seemed disingenuous to say the least. She is the one who brought out the second burger. We told her that it seemed the first burger sat awhile before it was delivered. She seemed to care less, so why bother with the bartender scenario?
A good manager would have least brought out chips and pickles with the burger the second time around. Cheap, in my opinion.
Although the 2nd burger was good, we won't be back. Poor service and non-caring manager killed a repeat visit.

1  Thank Oebersole
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very convenient to the highway with lots of parking. This is part of the Holiday Inn but can stand alone as a nice place to have a convenient meal. We especially enjoyed breakfast.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thought I would take my mom to a Mothers Day Brunch at Max's - sounded good on their ad - even advertised Shrimp Scampi $.... Got sat.... waited a while then got some service, ordered some soft drinks & was advised on where the buffet was - alas, we only got part of the info, as a portion of the buffet was out the door and around the corner from the main section - no signs... Food was so-so, prime rib was fine - macaroni was fine, the potatoes were scary - then the Scampi - after waiting 10 minutes or so while the prime rib got cold made it to the Omlette/Scampi station - I asked for Scampi and got the look from the cook..... He asked if I wanted Bell Peppers and everything else in the scampi - ????? knew right away I was not going to get scampi from this guy.... advised my disappointment with a manager type - he said he would personally make me scampi, well I see where the problems start in the kitchen (it was shrimp & mushrooms (another new one for me) boiled in oil and butter & garlic on top of a big pile of noodles) .... to continue - ALL the bread was stale, found where the waffles were supposed to be but they were gone by the time my kids got there - later on French Toast appeared - but no syrup, - Orange juice was really orange water, no refills..... - then to top it off our party of 4 was presented a check that included a 20% Tip! - no wonder the service was not so good, why try when you are guaranteed 20% at a buffet! - again I spoke with the manager, who gave me the why of course we did.. it was even advertised (you judge for yourself - it was not on the posters in the restaurant or in their ad) I was made to feel like I was the jerk....... Whatever - have had some good sandwiches there before, service is always a bit slow - it is what it is, plenty of other choices in town - next special event I will return to Dingus McGees or the Ridge - never been let down at either of these places on special events - If it were not for the insult at the end with the included tip - I likely would not even be writing - but that was just the nudge that put me over the edge...

1  Thank Travelinscott29120
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have been there several times because of their wide choice of menu options, something for everyone! We had great service even with 2 large Prom parties going on the same time we were there! The food was very good, we had a variety, Enchilada Pot Pie to Prime Rib! The desserts are huge and excellent. There is a full bar and bar seating also. We will be back!