“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
SF
“Great Value”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on the way back home after a 10 hour+ day of driving west. Although no room with 2 queen beds was available, the double beds were nice and comfortable, the room was both clean and relatively "fresh", and the Overnight rate couldn't be beat. Altogether a great place to crash if you're not gonna make it all the way to your destination.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KGHofSF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NW Georgia, USA
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I'm totally satisfied with our stay and would stay here again. The staff were very pleasant, and our room was very nice. For meals, we crossed the street to Denny's.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed for a night on the way up to Tahoe, and stayed here because it was cheaper than the other motels in its class. Except for not having a tub (shower only), our room with two full beds was quiet, comfortable, and clean, though the carpet was a little musty. Had a great nights sleep with two young kids in tow. Hotel staff is professional and friendly. We'd definitely stay here again. Unlke other Motel 6's, the rooms are accessible internally frrom a hallway leading to the hotel lobby. Great value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I am usually kind of a "Best Western" type of gal, but I was traveling with a dog and needed to be in the Auburn area. The Best Westerns were $30 more plus $20 extra for the dog, so I got brave and tried the Motel 6. Room was excellent, building, furniture and decor more like a Holiday Inn Express than what I was expecting. Bed was comfortable and towels were fine. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

I stayed on the 3rd floor, which as they don't have elevators meant walking up stairs with luggage, but it was quiet and very nice. Take a hair dryer.

Room Tip: I recommend the 3rd floor if you can do stairs.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
idaho
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We got a smoking room and our bedding had burn holes in it. On both beds the blankets had cigarette burn holes in them. The sheets were not fitted. In the morning we noticed that the mattress on one of the beds had caught fire sometime in the past & the side had burn marks both on the mattress & boxspring. I seriously doubt the nonsmoking rooms had burned up bedding.
The first floor is all smoking rooms & the hallway stunk badly. I can't say if the nonsmoking rooms were nice but the smoking rooms definitely need new bedding and mattresses, at least in our room.
I might give this hotel another chance but would not get a smoking room. Also the floors were in serious need of vacuuming.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2010

The Day We Stayed We Were Getting Our Room And We Stayed There A Few Years Ago And We Had Wonderful Service . This Time Worst Place I Ever Stayed at The Manager Joycelyn She Is One Of The Rudest Mangers Ever , and When Were Stayed inSide Th Room OhMy , I Rather Stay in Walmart Then This Hotel . The Bedsheets ! they Dont Even Clean them If Theres a Big Stain They do but if Theres No Stain they Sont And Jut Leave It They Dont Its Disgusting . I Rather Liked the stayed a few Years Ago The Old Manger He Was Very Nice And He Had a Helpful Daughter Too . so My Advice Never Ever Stay at This Hotel .

• Stayed February 2010

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Reno, NV
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We have stayed at a lot of different Motel 6s over the years. This had to be the worst.
Had to accept smoking rooms as that was all they had. First room had heater that simulated a thrashing machine. Gave us another. Both were filthy dirty, had burned holes in sheets, on carpet, on furniture. Shower was missing the handle to control water flow. The bathroom door had huge black streaks resembling mold markings.
Entire place reeked of smoke. All four of us wound up with sore throats and colds.
To add insult to injury, the rate ($70+) was the highest for any Motel 6 we have used.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jrschu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento

Been to Motel 6 Auburn? Share your experiences!