“Newly remodeled very nice”
Review of Motel 6 Auburn

Motel 6 Auburn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Morris, Illinois
“Newly remodeled very nice”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here in 5 months. Very nice, clean, friendly and newly remodeled. Will stay here again time after time. Plus they welcome dogs. No carpets in the room. like that :-)

Room Tip: They are all good ones.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed one night, motel 6 is our go-to chain when we travel with dogs. anyway, the staff were pleasant, the location is pretty good. The room itself was clean and seems to have been updated with flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi. We got a room at the back, beside the train tracks, but they did not seem to be running late at night at least. there was a vacant lot next door for the dogs to sniff around, didn't seem to be a dedicated dog area on the grounds. the common areas (halls, stairwells) were dirty, showing wear, and very smoky smelling. The room itself was quite clean.

Room Tip: Maybe closer to the front, train tracks in back of the property
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in a clean, functional room that met my needs. Looks like it was recently remodeled. The price was reasonable. No extra charge for having my small dog stay with me.

Would suggest that they designate a dog relief area and put both plastic bags and a garbage can in the area. There were numerous dogs there the night I stayed and owners were uncertain of relief protocols.

Noise from nearby train was startling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Clownfish7
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My initial reaction to this motel was actually favorable. I can look past remodeling and the attendant noise and damage. What really threw me off about this place was the fact that our sheets were soiled and strewn with foreign hair.

We slept on top of the bed the first night and left early the next morning on a day trip. When we returned, the bed was made. I said to my wife, "How much do you want to bet that hair is still there?" I turned back the blanket and...yup, you guessed it. Same hair, same stains. The maid had done nothing but tucked in the filthy linens.

Disgusting.

Room Tip: Insist on clean sheets. Trust me on this one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 6079513Peter

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

San Ramon, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was surprised by all the negative reviews for this place. Good thing I didn't looks them up prior to my stay, because it turned out to be really good. I don't believe in writing reviews for motel chains what's the point?? They're all the same! Except this one.

The room I was in was obviously newly remodeled, everything has a modern feel to it; flat screen mounted to the wall, shelves instead of drawers, hard wood flooring. best of all they got rid of their signature printed motif for the beds. Now it's just white sheets with gold runner. Sink was also changed. Only thing that still resembles a motel 6 is the bathroom. It still feels and looks used/old. Two little bars of soap provided (typical of motel6 don't know why ppl.complain about it). I was extremely impressed that it has a fridge and a safety box, extremely convenient and unexpected.

The check in guy was also very courteous, efficient, and professional. This place does cost more than other motel 6, not sure if it's the location, the rennovation they're doing or.jist that weekend. Overall for its class it surpassed my expectations.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lilia_KT
Cape Town
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Booked in here for 2 nights as running a trail race in Cool. Check in took forever, for no apparent reason. Half the outside of the hotel was under renovation and i was given a room which the exterior was being worked on. Loudly. Then 2 workmen walked into my room, no knock nothing. Noisy from 3-5pm. The room had a fridge and microwave. The TV worked on some channels. No shampoo etc just a v small bar of soap. Right by the freeway so also noisy. After 1 night i booked out and moved to the Larkspur Landing in Roseville for pretty much the same rate, a world of difference. This hotel is fine if you get there late and leave early, otherwise forget it.

Room Tip: Definitely not one being worked on!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Gridley, California, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2012

2011, I began struggling physically with extreme chronic pain. Needing a place to "get away" and Pray, I wasn't sure what to expect (several experiences with Motel 6 have NOT been pleasant), but I love Auburn, & took a chance.
This new motel six was clean, inexpensive and beautiful! I was very happy with my stay COMPLETELY!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank AlanBeckyR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento

Been to Motel 6 Auburn? Share your experiences!