“Best French Fries ever”

Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently made a serious food error, eating at a fast food chain in Denmark (you can see my review of Sunset Boulevard somewhere on this site...) so it is that I admit to being stunned to find myself writing another post-op TripAdvisor note on another purveyor of fast food given that only weeks ago I swore off of such places for life.C'est la vie...
On the way to Lake Tahoe a few days ago, a dear friend was pleading starvation and given that she was driving, persuaded me to cross the threshold of the In-N-Out in Auburn and at least watch her eat her favourite burger. Pulling into the car park, just off the highway on our trip up the mountain, the first thing that astonished me was the lines; there were more than a dozen cars in the drive-thru, and the car park that help what, maybe 75 cars, was full. When we entered, it was with more than a bit of trepidation, however, watching the kids in their 1950 style uniforms bus the outdoor tables, I had a sense that something was up! When we picked up our order, "J's' burger, and the side of fried she persuaded me to try, I was amazed, especially as I watched them cut the fresh potato and fry it! I admit to not knowing what a 'real' french fry tasted like until I tasted theirs. Who knows, maybe next time I'll try a burger...
And by the way, it seems that there is a 'hidden' menu at this chain... before you go you might see if you can find out a bit about it!
Good eating and smiling service at In-N-Out and may you have good luck finding a table!

There are newer reviews for In-N-Out Burger

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Everyone loves In N Out, and wishes they were in every state! It's the first place family and friends want to go when they visit us in CA.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I seldom eat hamburgers but In and Out is my favorite as I always feel the food is fresh and the kitchen is very sanitary and clean. I enjoy watching the 'kids' work while I'm waiting for my meal at the drive-up; big windows for viewing. They always remind me of a bunch of worker bees and with the amount of people they serve daily, it never ceases to amaze me that they still deliver your food with a real smile and thank you. I think all of the in and out places have great management and their food is consistently good. Great burgers!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The In-N-Out Burger is a good fast food that in walking distance from the Holiday Inn Hotel. Make sure your fries are hot!!

1  Thank shortsallyear
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Burgers, fries, shakes and soda. The menu is simple and the food is good. French fries are fresh cut potatoes. The prices are very reasonable compared to other fast food chains. Consistently good food keeps us stopping here on the way through town heading up the hill.