“Not your average diner.”
Review of Katrina's

Katrina's
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Not your average diner.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is one of our favorite places. It is small and often crowded, but the food is consistently good.It is worth the wait.

The only downside is that it can feel very cramped when it is busy ( which is most of the time). Not for claustrophobics.

• Visited September 2013

sac
“Favorite Breakfast”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm not a breakfast person but if my family wants to go to Katrina's I'm in the car first. Everything is sooo fresh. Large portions. I cannot eat melons. Many times they have very fresh berry assortment. This is a small very homey restaurant. Get there early and expect a wait.

• Visited November 2012
“Great spot just off I-80”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

High quality food and friendly service in an otherwise nondescript location. I had the Tuscan, perfectly scrambled eggs over thick yummy toast with sunddried tomatoes, goat cheese, and basil along with excellent home fries and fruit.

• Visited October 2013
Auburn,CA
“Delicious!!!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have lived near this place for many years and I just recently tried it. This place is small and is always crowded. Now being retired I took the dear wife for a late breakfast during the week and it was packed with folks waiting in front. The food was very nice and tasty. The server was very good and personable when she had a few moments. I personally am not a big fan of crowded places and it would be the crowds that would discourage me from returning, NOT the food or the server. Not sure what the solution might be other than to move to a larger location. The noise was a bit on the high end and the space between tables was minimal, so friendly bumping is common. Hope others try it and enjoy it!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank garyd210
Roseville
“Not to be overlooked!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Because of the great reviews we decided to give Katrina's a try. We were not disappointed.

Katrina's is very small and very busy...but this just adds to the overall atmosphere and experience. Tables open up fairly fast so don't be put off if theres a crowd. Service is fast, efficient. Only sour note in our experience was our waitress who was not warm or friendly. In fact she was rude in her curt efficiency. (The reason only 4 stars) The food IS very good and so is the coffee. The bacon is thick AND crisp. I ordered a side and the portion was generous, Home fries excellent. There was a slight mishap with my order..not a biggie, but our waitress acted put out. Again, this seemed to be a personality problem with this one waitress. But the order was fixed promptly.

My friends ordered mushroom omelets which they said were delicious. Not overly cheesy...perfect amount of sautéed mushrooms and onions. We'd definitely gave Katrina's another try.

Visited August 2013