“Ample Quantities!”

Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Ample Quantities!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Katrina's Cafe is another business frequented by the locals. It is a bit difficult to find along a busy street and parking is a bit iffy. Once you locate it, you will find that it is small and, during peak breakfast and lunch times, a wait will be required. Tables are cleared quickly and people don't tend to linger so the wait is usually short. Go at times before/after peak times and you will be rewarded by good service and food choices. They are open only for breakfast and lunch. Only cash is accepted. There is an ATM inside the restaurant if needed. We ordered "small" salads and were amazed at the quantity when delivered. They were so ample, we had to take away the remainder in a small box when we sated our appetite.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Spartan58

Sacramento, California
“Darn Good French dip”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just had lunch today at Katrina's for the first time. I've been wanting to stop by for 2-years. It's on a frontage road, which is probably the reason it's not overly crowded. But that's a good thing! They have inside tables and a small patio for outdoor dining.
My partner had the reuben sandwich, I had the French Dip. I make both sandwiches at home, but not even close to what I had today. I had to have a bite of her reuben and I gave her a bite of my french dip. I could not believe the size of the sandwiches! These are not Quiznos or Subway sandwiches. You better be mighty hungry to tackle these delectable delights! We ordered the steak fries for a side. What a mound of spuds! I weigh over 210 and I was hungry. I could not finish the entire meal. I shouldn't have eaten as much as I did. But it was so good, I couldn't stop eating. Both my partner and I took home left-overs and had a great dinner that evening. The waitresses were very nice and the food was served surprisingly fast for as busy as it was..A must stop place next time you're in Auburn,Ca.

• Visited May 2014
Auburn, California, Usa
“Truly a jewel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Since we live in the area, Katrina's is a natural stop for a fabulous breakfast or brunch. The portions are generous and the food is always delicious. It is very popular and crowded on weekends, so go early or during the week.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank WhitneyL147
Auburn, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“breakfast”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is one of the best breakfast places in Auburn. Plenty of choices, good coffee and great service.
Love the food it is clean, fresh and abundant. Some unusual omelets. I always leave with a happy tummy.

• Visited April 2014
Roseville, California
“Disappointed a bit”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went to Katrina's this morning with high expectations. Largely based on TripAdvisor reviews. I met a good friend there, and we would have gone to our usual place (Awful Annie's) absent my suggestion.

I sat outdoors, where it is a bit noisy, but I had the option of seating inside. For some time I was the only person out there, and even though when seated I asked for coffee, it was a while before it arrived, long enough that I'd begun to wonder if I'd been forgotten. As for service, by the time my friend arrived, we'd ordered, and our food arrived, I'd been served by three different ladies. Guess it must have been right at shift change. Service was attentive enough, after that initial delay.

As for food, sigh. My potatoes were on the dark side of over-fried; I would judge that they had sat on the griddle or in a warmer for quite some time. The eggs-over-medium were fine. The coffee (Starbucks House Blend, we were informed later) was good, but not as hot as I'd expect. My meal-mate didn't assess his meal in detail, but made clear he was not impressed.

I'm not going to second-guess my colleague TripAdvisor reviewers, but my friend and I agreed: Next time we'll be going back to Awful Annie's.

• Visited April 2014