“Excellent organic restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 164 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nectar Cafe is an all organic, vegetarian and vegan cafe serving lunch and dinner Monday to Thursday from 11AM to 8:30PM and to 9PM on Friday and Saturday. We serve amazing dinner entrees, wraps or bowls, salads, sandwiches, soups, tacos, nachos along with fresh made juices, super food smoothies, gourmet coffee drinks and an assortment of house made sodas, house brewed Hibiscus & Black Tea and and other organic bottled beverages like kombucha & Tazo Teas. We also have a Kid Friendly Menu available. We offer Dinner Special every night with LIVE music on Friday nights. We have a nice assortment of local beer and wines with patio seating.
“Excellent organic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on a Saturday night and it was fabulous. I had the zucchini lasagna and my husband had the black bean burger. We devoured both and even had room for dessert. We tried the key lime dessert made with avocado and cashews. Absolutely delicious!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank DrDonna2

Auburn, California
“Vegan's Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

When my daughter and I arrived at this delightful cafe, it was packed. I had to look for a table and claim it. We both had delightful wraps. I selected the Mediterranean Wrap which consisted of house made hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and field greens dressed with a cashew basil cream sauce. This is where the vegan can enjoy this wrap because there is only natural ingredients. The cashew basil sauce takes on the flavors of a cheese. My daughter chose the Thai Wrap which consisted of crunchy cabbage and spiced almonds, carrots, onions, cilantro celery, and avocado topped with their mildy spipcy Asian Almond sauce. (This was a gluten free wrap.) My daughter and I shared the wraps so we could taste the different flavors. Even though it was crowded, it was worth the wait. When you walk into the restaurant, you wait in line to give your order and pay. It's a very comfortable setting. They do have outdoor seating and it was full but I took the cooler inside for my meal. I think this place is catching on for the Vegan and the Vegetarians. I'll be back! You can order breakfast until 11:00 am. They also have nibbles and noshes which consist of a Flat Bed Pizza,, Carmelized Onion and Roasted Portabella Tart, Hummus Plate. Salads Galore which will be my next choice when I go back. Their specialties are smoothies and vegan desserts.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank GrammyJ43
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wonderful food and ambience. Great staff. If you are shopping downtown, this is a wonderful place to have lunch.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kelly M
Meadow Vista, California, United States
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love it. Excellent food for non-vegetarian eater (even though it's all vegetarian). A little pricey but worth it. Friendly folks serving you too.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michelle H
Gardiner, Montana
“Very good food / service but it is a bit pricy....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a new restaurant and just opened a few months ago. The service was good.
The burrito was very good and we added avocado. We also had the pesto and hummus plate. The pesto was out of this world but the crackers are made of seeds and there were to kinds. The plain one was OK but the spicy one was terrible. I added greens to a berry shake and it was good. The quality of the food is very high. The cost with a 15% tip was over $26. That's high for a burrito, a small dip and a shake.
I would recommend this cafe but be aware of the prices and what you add on to your order.

• Visited January 2014