All reviewstruck parkingspacious roomtwo queen bedsconvenient locationwitahoefreeway
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We haven't stayed at a place this bad in 30 years! From a distance, looks decent on the outside but the interior of our room was just about as dirty as we've seen. The carpeting was so filthy from wear that it was absolutely slick with black grime at the entrance. The furnishing were worn shabby and the bedspread was not much more than a rag. The floor hadn't been vacuumed in a long while, the towels were skimpy and worn. You don't even want to hear about the bed.
Why didn't we turn around and leave? We would have, but small town, everything sold out and the need to be up at 5:00 a.m.
We expected to see bugs but were spared that particular agony.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Wow is all I can say about this place and the (very) good people that own/run it. They took such good care of us, I felt like I was staying with my own family. Actually, much better than that. Extra everything, with extremely reasonable rates. We were a little skeptical, after reading some ( albeit very old) mixed reviews, but the place must have undergone a huge overhaul as it was nothing but a great joint. Again, a huge thanks for the 5 star experience!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Skarm1
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Ewwwww....

So, it's a cheap place to crash. But for $71 and a two-star rating, I expect some minimal standards of cleanliness and amenities.

To be fair--The Good:
* Wi-fi was free.
* Tub unit was almost new.
* The bathroom area was clean.
* Gal @ front desk was very nice.
* And...that's it

To be brutally honest--The Bad:
* Carpet had huge chewing gum (I hope?) and other stains everywhere.
* Phone, alarm clock, remote, etc. were filthy (OK, nobody uses hotel phones, but this one was about 20 years old and looked like it had never been cleaned).
* Walls and doors had unidentified stains and scuff marks.
* Bathroom looked like it had been drywalled with a shovel.
* TV didn't work.
* Furniture was battered and sagging.
* Sheets and towels scratchy, blanket thin and threadbare. Didn't even want to look at the bedspreads.
* And, of course, the clientele were partying much of the night.

Management, if you're reading this, visit Room 208. I ain't exaggeratin'.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My wife and I decided to plan a last minute snowboarding trip after hearing about the record snowfall in Tahoe. We did not want to drive through the heavy snow at night so we decided to stay in auburn and leave in the morning. We were a little skeptical about this place based on some of the reviews, but it turned out to be great! Very friendly manager, very clean rooms (my wife is a clean freak), Hot tub and pool on site, and complimentary continental breakfast. A perfect stopping point on the way to ski/snowboard, (only 70 miles or so to most resorts from auburn). Makes your overall snowboarding trip a lot cheaper by not staying in an expensive tahoe cabin. Will definitely be staying here more often, me and my wife got season passes to northstar and plan on making a lot more day trips.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Me and 2 friends decided to stay at the Super 8 Auburn on a last minute snowboardin trip. We got a good price on the room and had a great stay. Have stayed here in the past and the experience wasn't as great. This time the staff was extremely friendly and even got us a discount for our liftickets. The clean spa after a long day of snowboaring and complimentary breakfast was an added bonus. Have stayed in other motels in the area and this one probably has the best view of auburn. Would definately stay there again and reccomend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends