All reviewstruck parkingspacious roomtwo queen bedsconvenient locationwitahoefreeway
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Great little motel nice refreshing pool, very affordable. Great staff. Clean room free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassi N
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed there as I was supposed to join together later after the Northern California Blues Festival on Friday night Aug. 5, 2011...with a new friend who said the motel was "nice." I had trouble with the card-coded locks on the door...had to go to the office 3 times to get a card that worked properly. Everything was "well worn and shabby." You can tell there has been hardly no upgrades or maintenance for a long time...totally neglected! Here's the bad part...the carpet was absolutely grimey, grubby, and filthy. It looked like the carpets have not been shampooed for "quite some time." I walked around with my sandals on.
My assessment..the owners/management are renting out rooms without regards to their customers and showing no interest in having customers come back. They seem to be "doing the least amount of cleaning" they can get away with. This place is a "real dump...for any cost!" Don't let the pictures fool you!

Room Tip: Do not book a room here...go elsewhere!! Read my review. This place is not well kept or maintained...dirty!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We haven't stayed at a place this bad in 30 years! From a distance, looks decent on the outside but the interior of our room was just about as dirty as we've seen. The carpeting was so filthy from wear that it was absolutely slick with black grime at the entrance. The furnishing were worn shabby and the bedspread was not much more than a rag. The floor hadn't been vacuumed in a long while, the towels were skimpy and worn. You don't even want to hear about the bed.
Why didn't we turn around and leave? We would have, but small town, everything sold out and the need to be up at 5:00 a.m.
We expected to see bugs but were spared that particular agony.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Wow is all I can say about this place and the (very) good people that own/run it. They took such good care of us, I felt like I was staying with my own family. Actually, much better than that. Extra everything, with extremely reasonable rates. We were a little skeptical, after reading some ( albeit very old) mixed reviews, but the place must have undergone a huge overhaul as it was nothing but a great joint. Again, a huge thanks for the 5 star experience!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Skarm1
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Ewwwww....

So, it's a cheap place to crash. But for $71 and a two-star rating, I expect some minimal standards of cleanliness and amenities.

To be fair--The Good:
* Wi-fi was free.
* Tub unit was almost new.
* The bathroom area was clean.
* Gal @ front desk was very nice.
* And...that's it

To be brutally honest--The Bad:
* Carpet had huge chewing gum (I hope?) and other stains everywhere.
* Phone, alarm clock, remote, etc. were filthy (OK, nobody uses hotel phones, but this one was about 20 years old and looked like it had never been cleaned).
* Walls and doors had unidentified stains and scuff marks.
* Bathroom looked like it had been drywalled with a shovel.
* TV didn't work.
* Furniture was battered and sagging.
* Sheets and towels scratchy, blanket thin and threadbare. Didn't even want to look at the bedspreads.
* And, of course, the clientele were partying much of the night.

Management, if you're reading this, visit Room 208. I ain't exaggeratin'.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo