All reviewstruck parkingspacious roomtwo queen bedsconvenient locationwitahoefreeway
Reviewed 28 August 2011

After previous negative experience (I filled out a survey, not the result of TripAdvisor review), I received an e-mail inviting me back at 50% off.

I appreciated the offer, and the gal who checked me in could not have been nicer. This room was noticeably cleaner and better maintained my previous visit. Everything worked. Nice to have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in a very spacious room.

So...It's a budget motel. It would definitely benefit from some upgrades. The people were pleasant to deal with. And it's a budget motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank THardy1
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We make the trip to Auburn 3-4 times a year and have nothing but great experiances staying at Super8. Would reccomend it to anyone going to Auburn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dave61_40
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Great little motel nice refreshing pool, very affordable. Great staff. Clean room free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassi N
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed there as I was supposed to join together later after the Northern California Blues Festival on Friday night Aug. 5, 2011...with a new friend who said the motel was "nice." I had trouble with the card-coded locks on the door...had to go to the office 3 times to get a card that worked properly. Everything was "well worn and shabby." You can tell there has been hardly no upgrades or maintenance for a long time...totally neglected! Here's the bad part...the carpet was absolutely grimey, grubby, and filthy. It looked like the carpets have not been shampooed for "quite some time." I walked around with my sandals on.
My assessment..the owners/management are renting out rooms without regards to their customers and showing no interest in having customers come back. They seem to be "doing the least amount of cleaning" they can get away with. This place is a "real dump...for any cost!" Don't let the pictures fool you!

Room Tip: Do not book a room here...go elsewhere!! Read my review. This place is not well kept or maintained...dirty!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We haven't stayed at a place this bad in 30 years! From a distance, looks decent on the outside but the interior of our room was just about as dirty as we've seen. The carpeting was so filthy from wear that it was absolutely slick with black grime at the entrance. The furnishing were worn shabby and the bedspread was not much more than a rag. The floor hadn't been vacuumed in a long while, the towels were skimpy and worn. You don't even want to hear about the bed.
Why didn't we turn around and leave? We would have, but small town, everything sold out and the need to be up at 5:00 a.m.
We expected to see bugs but were spared that particular agony.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business