“Won't go back !!”
Review of Super 8 Auburn

Super 8 Auburn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Very dissapointed. Not anything that internet showed.Not knowing the area we searched online. Very old and mattteress we very dirty, carpeting ,chairs, Sink and tub plugs broken, TV only worked by moving a wire in back. Door jams dirty all around bad. Next time I'll go to Comfort Inn. That I looked at after this experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have seen some of the earlier reviews and am very surprised because our experience was so different.

The room was very nice and had a lovely view of the trees. Staff were all first-rate, giving me advice about the best restaurants in "old town" Auburn and suggestions about a nice road trip to Grass Valley. We enjoyed our stay so much that we stayed for a second night. Everything was in good repair.

Room Tip: We loved upstairs room 218 (IIRC), which has a view of the "landscape feature," a copse of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salish s
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband and I broke down on the 4th of July right across from the motel. The axle on our car actually broke as we got off of the freeway to stretch. We coasted into the gas station and went across the street to the Super 8 to determine what to do next. Seriously, we were going to just stay in the car because we knew it was going to be a costly repair, but Tami (sp?) was so compassionate and gave us a reduced rate even though it was a holiday. We were able to get our car repaired and enjoy a visit to Auburn. Thank you Tami. Thank you Toyota (we got a reduced rate there too)! Thank you Ron Nauert, an Auburn local!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Welink
Reviewed 3 June 2012

broken faucet handle, stale smoke smell in non smoke room, bits of dirtiness everywhere fridge, floors, ceiling, old worn linens, outlet was so worn plug kept falling out, other outlet by bathroom sink didn't have cover - shock hazard,

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank forwheeler
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I booked my room on April 2nd for a two week stay! I am a single mom of 3 and after smoking a cigarette outside and chatting with another hotel guest the front desk called my room at 10:30 at night and told me I had to check out the next morning at 11am and we can't stay here anymore! I have done nothing wrong during my stay here yet when I asked why the front desk said a multitude of reasons but would not give me any! We had the room booked for another 10 days. I am very unhappy with this motel I would not reccomend staying here! Staff and owners are very unfriendly and think they meed to babysit thier guests!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Momof3420
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The motel was very close to the interstate, the staff was nice. Building is on a dead end street with no truck parking as promised. The beds are not comfortable but the linens seemed fresh. The extra pillow was nice, although I had to request towels because there were only two in the room. Two towels for two people for two showers is too little. The room was dated, but we had a long day and had already fought to get our trucks turned around and headed out, so we decided to stay. The driveway is on a very steep grade, be cautious getting a low vehicle in without damage. Microwave, fridge and sink at wet bar area was nice. However, there was near zero water pressure in the shower so no relaxation forthcoming there. But my willingness to overlook the negative aspects immediately dissolved when after walking across the carpet to the shower my feet were so filthy from the carpet I left black prints in the tub. After showering, we had to RUIN socks to keep our feet clean until bedtime. I would have had cleaner feet walking barefoot through a gas station parking lot for 100 yards. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Breakfast was limited to a pastry and coffee.
Until the carpets are replaced, do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank rvnut
Reviewed 15 September 2011

my wife and i really enjoyed our stay at this little hotel. the staff was extremely nice and the rooms were better than expected. for the price, im not sure you could ask for anything more. cant wait to come back :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtriverrats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Best Western Roseville Inn
Best Western Roseville Inn
#9 of 18 in Roseville

Been to Super 8 Auburn? Share your experiences!