“Very comfortable stay for 3 days.”

Best Western Golden Key
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was an excellent hotel. We truly enjoyed our stay. The room was large and very clean and comfortable. Check in was very simple and the amenities were wonderful. The pool was great! Price was fair and hotel staff was the best. Hotel is near many restaurants and places for entertainment. Breakfast was very good and kept stocked. Visit IN and OUT burgers!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lynn L, General Manager at Best Western Golden Key, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel when you stayed with us. I am so glad my staff made you feel at home and that you enjoyed our pool. We are lucky to be so close to so many restaurants and shops and I am so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of that. We look forward to having you return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was thrilled to find, when I called the Golden Key 24 hours after my checkout, that they had found and logged in my wireless mouse, which I had left in my motel room. At least some this motel is operating as one should.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out our hotel when you stayed with us last. I am so glad to see that the wireless mouse you had left behind was recovered. We have a very good system of logging in forgotten items and holding them until they are claimed by their owners, and I am happy to see that it works. We hope you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went on a whitewater rafting trip with All Outdoors - (excellent) and opted to stay the night before and after the trip at the BW Golden Key. About 30 minutes to rafting location - the hotel was perfect for our needs. Quiet, convenient, near restaurants, and the price was excellent value. Hotel is very clean, staff welcoming, breakfast sufficient and well presented, the BED was great, and huge kudos for the energy efficient efforts. Flowers are a nice touch.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This Motel is clean, convenient with friendly staff. We have stayed here often as we have relatives nearby. The motel is close to a good variety of resturants and Auburn shopping is only a few miles away. Easy on-off the freeway. Great breaskfast bar.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel when you stayed with us. I am so glad to see that you were able to enjoy the local shops and restaurants and we look forward to your returning to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel. Even though I actually missed the time for the breakfast, they got things out of the refrigerators to provide us food. Please note this hotel ends breakfast at 0930 not 10. The rooms were nice. The staff worked hard to provide satisfaction. They responded to all my requests without a problem. I would definitely stay there again for work or fun.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This motel exceeded our expectations for the type of hotel it is, earning it 5 stars. It is a very good value. Every one of the staff we interacted with was kind and helpful. They were able to let us check in early and check out 45 min late, which made a huge difference for us traveling with a tiny baby. There was an initial mixup, and we were assigned to a room that was not fully cleaned. They were quick to switch us to a cleaned room and called to follow up soon after. Our new room was very clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast had yummy waffles and lots of coffee. The nice lady working in the breakfast room offered me trays and help to carry our food back to our room. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete one of our surveys when you were at our hotel. I am so glad my staff took care of you and your baby so you could enjoy your stay and we look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I made a reservation in early May for 5 nights in mid June. When I checked in I was told that I had been assigned a pet room even though I had no pet. The clerk said that they had just received the reservation from Best Western and it did not specify whether I had a pet or not.

The rooms are dated with some stabs at upgrades. Save your money and stay in Rocklin.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites
#1 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to Best Western Golden Key? Share your experiences!