“Pretty Sketchy”

Rodeway Inn Auburn-Foresthill
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This place is good to crash for the night IF you're exausted and don't want to drive anymore.I am glad I only stayed one night here.The people that wrote good reviews on it,must have gotten a lot better room then I did.I am not that picky of a person but this place had some pros and cons but mostly cons. First, there were ants all over the bathroom, the sheet on my bed had a cigarette burn hole in it and the sheets were clean, but seem to have stains in them still. It's like they couldn't afford to buy new sheets. The carpet was pretty dirty too so I wore my sandals. On the up side, the price was cheap (thank goodness becuase it made up for the other negative things), the bed was pretty comfy, and the breakfast was pretty good.I would not stay here again however.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kickindajunk02

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The customer service is horrible. Had two rooms booked with my credit card, months in advance, for our sons wedding, only to find, they gave away one of our rooms. Took a day, and several phone calls, but they were able to get us our room back. My daughter was arriving before I was, so I called and asked if she could check in without me...the manager FREAKED OUT! "WE can't do that, it's not her card etc.!!" I tried to tell him it's OK, OK, I will be there and he just kept right along complaining, not letting me get a word in to try to explain it was ok, and THEN when I tried to tell him not to worry about it, he said "What do you want, I told you I would do it?" HUH? He accused ME of being rude! I work in customer service and I would be FIRED if I EVER spoke to my customers the way he spoke to me. When we checked in, he said, he THOUGHT he had four rooms for us, but now he didn't and I tried to explain, we only need two rooms, and he looked at me and said "I'm not talking with you, I will speak to your husband!" Then he told my husband, "Why don't you come in tomorrow and we can have a chat about this! What the hell is wrong with this guy. We seriously think he's on something, he kept twitching and his mood was swinging like CRAZY! We finally got checked in. Had a beautiful time at our son't wedding, and when we went to check out, the girl at the desk asked where we got our room keys from? My husband told her Your Manager RICH gave them to us when we checked in! He wouldn't come out to help her because he said All I wanted to do is argue? ABOUT WHAT?? WHY?? This guy was "OUT THERE" Is this guy for real? I didn't have a problem!! He screwed up and put someone else's name under our room and THEN he wanted us to pay for it PLUS our two rooms?? Said it must have been someone in our party?? We DID NOT know this person, nor did they stay in our room...WE DID!! He kept holding his head and then he would smile and then he got angry and OMG what a winner. First he told us he wouldn't give us a receipt because we didn't pay for it, but the girl showed him the signed receipt from our charge card, and THEN he told us he would need some time to straighten it out to be able to give us a receipt. Straighten WHAT out? We paid for two rooms, give us a receipt for two rooms! So we took our daughter to the airport and came back hours later to find he either was hiding in the office, or he had left. And did NOT leave a receipt for us. I checked with our bank and he charged us multiple times. I hope he gets fired, I know there were others complaining about how rude and disrespectful he was! The room itself was ok. The maid tried to walk in twice, just opened the door, no knocking or anything! We even had the opened soap from the people before us!! WOW! I will NEVER forget this trip! Bed was ok, Noting fancy but it WAS the Quality Inn after all! NEVER AGAIN!!! Think twice before booking!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank peeweesmama
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Overall we were happy with our room & the facilities. Wifi didn't work in the room I was in; they told me to use the data cable. Room was clean, quiet & a very good price. They have a pool, hot tub and breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank legalls
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Mid trip hotel stay to escape camping for a night. Aaron was on the desk and got us checked in quickly. Luggage cart helped us get stuff to room. Fridge with freezer, microwave and coffee maker included...big room with table and chairs for working..continental breakfast was good and included hard boiled eggs...gal working the room kept everything stocked...plenty of seating...3 places to eat in immediate vicinity. Parking for our small trailer was provided. Pool and spa,was out of order and apologies were made but no compensation...no worries as we weren't there to swim.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsanderson
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed here 4 nights but should have stayed elsewhere. Cal Fire stayed here during our stay.
Rooms in front building hear highway noise, take the back building. Breakfast was good but often ran out with Firemen eating there. Pool & Hot Tub only okay. Staff forgot to leave towels in room. Good size vanity but right at the door as you enter. The place could stand a complete upgrade. Desk/Manager messed up billing and charged for nights that were confirmed Free Rewards Nights and didn't know how to correct this. This is only barely a 2 star motel but a good value if you only have topay once.

Room Tip: Get a room in the rear building where it is quiter
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jedd1017
Reviewed 6 July 2012

What a Hotel should be...Great Lobby, Clean Fresh Rooms, Great Location, Typical Hotel Breakfast although there was microwave bacon and eggs. I would give this Hotel a good 2 plus rating....or at least what I would expect a 2 star to be in a good area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandymccluskey1953
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed stay. Nice rooms, typical of 2 star Quality Inn. Comfy beds, clean. Nice outdoor pool and hottub. Breakfast was good for complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay again for the price I got on Priceline.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank A_from_Midtown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
#3 of 7 in Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Rodeway Inn Auburn-Foresthill? Share your experiences!