“Excellent customer service, very clean and reasonably priced”
Review of Quality Inn Auburn

Quality Inn Auburn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Hubbard, Oregon
“Excellent customer service, very clean and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was making a trip from OR below Portland to attend a dear friends Memorial service in Foresthill, CA. I checked out available lodging and could not find a phone number for any of them. The websites were like Priceline and Choice Hotels and they want you to book thru them and only thru them! I'm disabled and want to speak to someone at the front desk so I can make sure I'm not going to be mad when I get there because these websites are generic and don't care about your problems.

The Quality Inn was the only one I managed to get a direct number too, so I called and explained my needs and asked questions and was told they didn't have a handicapped accessible room available until the second day of my stay. I asked if they had a shower chair available, they did, and that worked for me. I made my reservation and when I arrived at 4am, the man on duty (a very nice Indian man, I forgot to get his name) helped me with my luggage and Betty whom I spoke to the day before set me up in a quiet room away from all the noise where I could park my car in front of the room as I had requested. The room wasn't fancy however it was one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed at (their housekeeping is very good)! The bed was comfortable, the sheets and blankets smelled clean and I slept very well. To my surprise, the coffee was really good (don't usually get the best coffee even in higher rated hotels and motels). I needed to go to some places and Robert not only gave me directions, but, also made me an easy and direct map to follow. He also drained the water from my ice chest (he carried it over to some plants not to waste the water) so I could go to the store to get more for it. When I checked out Betty helped load my car and was so kind. The housekeeping staff was sweet and helpful and always smiling.

I had a great 5 days there and why should I stay at a bigger, fancier, more expensive place when I can get excellent customer service, plus everything I could possibly need without the bigger price tag. I don't know about other Comfort Inns but plan on checking them out when I travel to see if they rate as well as the Comfort Inn Gold Country! : )

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PT D
Joe C, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I am very pleased to hear that your stay here at the Quality Inn Gold Country was very comfortable. The staff was very excited to know that they were able to assist you with your every need in a professional manner. Its also nice to know that you enjoyed the coffee that we serve for breakfast and in our lobby daily. Customer Service is something the staff here at the Quality Inn take very serious.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Novato, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is our first stay in this town of Auburn, room is sizable, very clean and somewhat quiet for the price we paid ( AAA rate ). If you are passing thru, this is the place to stop. There are a few good restaurants to choose from. It was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from the interstate 80, if you need a good night sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank S K T
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Quality Inn Gold Country. Customer Service, Comfort, Price and Cleanness of our rooms are things that we monitor to exceed our guests expectations. Another good thing about the location of our hotel is that we do have restaurants in walking distance. Think you for staying at the Quality Inn and hope to see you again.
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The room was acceptable, except there were hairs in the corner of the bathroom floor and the bathroom smelled moldy. Some of the grout on the floor and sink needs bleaching and recaulking. Otherwise, the place was adequate. Good location and quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a nice place, right off the main road. Easy access to freeway. Nice breakfast daily. The staff was very nice, and helpful. Coffee in the lobby also. Mini fridges in room along with microwaves. Close to every thing. Rooms were quite & clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eerb19
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have an annual retreat in Applegate, CA and normally stay at the Comfort Inn in nearby Auburn. This year we noticed that Hotel.com gave the Quality inn a higher rating than the Comfort Inn, a rating falling in the excellent category, so we decided to give Quality Inn a try.

Excellent? I don't think so...but this standard two-star motel was certainly good. (Since Tripadvisor does not have a good category, and my experience was better than average, I am rating it very good.) Check-in was prompt and friendly. I thought I had requested a first floor room (I have bad knees), but they were gone. The room was good sized, clean and quiet. It contained two queen-sized beds, two chairs (yes!...even some expensive hotels give us only one), a table, chest of drawers with a TV (not a flat screen) on top, microwave, refrigerator (which made no sound) and a safe.The bed was fine but unremarkable.

Looking out the window I saw a large swimming pool. Unfortunately there was no paper pad or pen available for me to write notes for this review. The Quality Inn offers free Wi-Fi and has a very slow computer in the office which is always available for guests to use.

The shower? Fine, but the water flow was weak, and the bath towel was small and thin.
And breakfast? Fine, if you're a conventional eater (eggs, waffles, yougurt, etc.) Unsatisfactory, if you're a vegan. My breakfast consisted of relatively unhealthy bread with jelly and orange juice. I asked for cereal, and the answer was, "Sorry...."

Without much enthusiasm, I'd recommend the Quality Inn for a one night stay. (I missed the fitness center and covered hallways of the Comfort Inn. (Next time....)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Orange, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We had reserved three rooms for a family visit. The photos of the rooms must have been taken long ago or the rooms have not been maintained.

I am listing the pros and cons based off of our visit.

Pros:
1. The motel is convenient for freeway access and had several places to eat within a short distance.
2. The motel is across the street from Ikedas a good local hamburger joint and market.
3. Room has an oversized refrigerator and microwave oven. Room also had ironing board and iron.
4. We left a charger in our room. After a phone call, the front desk picked up the charger and held it for us at the front desk.

Cons:
1. Room was pretty run down and dated.
2. Motel rooms consisted of two doubles, not queens.
3. Mattresses were extremely old and soft in our room. (In front building.) Other rooms in our party seemed to have had better mattresses then we had.
4. Bathroom floor was dirty.
5. Room bath towels were extremely thin and small. Only two bath towels were in a room for four guests. We requested two extra bath towels and they were of even poorer quality.
7. Breakfast was served in a converted guest room on the second floor of the front building, not a traditional hospitality/dining room. Drinks were served out of a broken soda style machine, not pitchers.

I will probably stay in a different motel next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the front building facing the freeway. They are extremly noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank OCFAMILY4
Joe C, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
I would like to think you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Quality Inn Auburn. We value both good and bad reviews, so that is why I take each one very seriously. Your issues with the bath towels and cleanness of the bathroom will be discussed at our next Room Attendants meeting. In order to provide more space for our guest to enjoy the great hot breakfast we provide, two of our guest rooms had to be opened up so that we could have more table space. Our juice dispenser is a Nestle Professional Vitality unit which serves Orange and Apple juice. When you are back in the area I hope that you give us the opportunity to be of service to you and your group.

Travellers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Good value for a night's stay on the way snowboarding. The room was clean with plenty of pillows. The bed was a bit stiff and down pillows were quite fluffy. The heater was a bit noisy but worked well. The extra security lock was broken off so that was a bit unnerving. We were in a room towards the back of the hotel complex. It seemed like that room had been broken into before.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Silasmommy
Joe C, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Hello Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel staff we would like to thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Gold Country (Auburn). We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay experience. Also, thank you for bringing the security lock to our attention. We will have our maintenance staff make the proper repairs to the lock in the room you stayed. Again, thank you and we would love to have you back with us when you return to the Auburn area.

Joe Collins
530-885-7025
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Best Western Gold Country Inn
#3 of 10 in Grass Valley
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin

Been to Quality Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!