“Regular Road Food Stop for Us”
Review of Ikeda's

Ikeda's
Ranked #4 of 174 Restaurants in Auburn
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We ALWAYS stop at Ikeda's when traveling in the area. Great cheeseburgers, great fresh fruit pies, and our favorite chipotle BBQ sauce to take with us. We miss the smoothies they used to serve outdoors before the health Nazis made them stop, but a limited (it seems) version is still available inside.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We've eaten here a few times now. The burgers are very good. The pies and cobbler are even better. Prices are high, but it's still a fun place to visit. While waiting for your food, explore the store. They have a fun selections of sauces, baked goods, fresh fruits and vegetables and other goodies.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ikeda's is a treasure. Best homemade pies, chicken pot pies, sauces, hamburgers and much more. The best fresh fruits and vegetables around. Everyone needs to experience Ikeda's.

1  Thank SteveY207
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had the grilled cheese, so delicious. My friend had a burger and she said it was very good, but not the best. This place gets super busy at lunch time so just be prepared to wait in line. The Little country store is really cool with lots of great snacks to take on your trip. especially if you're headed up to Tahoe. I do think it's a little overpriced for not being very fancy. Outdoor seating is right by the parking lot, so not exactly a great atmosphere. Plus what you're eating you have people waiting in line standing right next to you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Personally I thought the burger (teriyaki burger) was pretty good. Best burger in town? I don't know but better than any chain, fast food, or even an In and Out. Daughter had the teriyaki bowl over rice which was huge and my mom had the avocado sandwich. She said the bread was amazing. Fries were soso and the peach pie was very bland and while peach pie in general is my favorite kind of pie, this one was pretty average. Now the store, that place was AMAZING! Lots of candy, salsa, the hummus was delicious and the apple pie was good. The blueberry pie was only soso and I am glad we went between lunch and dinnertime on a weekday as there were not many others around. Good stop and easy access on and off the freeway.