“best catalina adventure EVER”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Catalina Ocean Rafting
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I've been going to Catalina every year since I was an infant. Have taken all of the tours (except zipline), more times than I can count. Wanted to try something different this time and came upon Dolphin Quest. It was incredible! I have never seen so many dolphins in my life. They actually swin with the boat and ride the wake. As an added treat we saw baby sea lions. I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys marine life.

4  Thank desireSLINK

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We booked a snorkeling tour for a family of 5 through this company for our day trip to Catalina. The staff was great, the price was reasonable for all equipment rental and the boat trip out to the dive spot. They took us to the kelp forest area (don't know the name) where we had 45 minutes of snorkeling around the kelp and it's sea life. Unfortunately, no dolphins on this trip, but we all had a great time. The captain gave us a fun ride back by crossing some large wakes.

3  Thank frontrangeskiier
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This tour was one of the very best such tours I've been on. Perhaps my opinion is not to be trusted because snorkeling through the magical kelp had been on my "bucket list" for many years, and so the excursion was bound to please. However, my wife also had a marvelous time. We swam in a sea cave, and saw many dolphins swimming along right beside the boat. The young ladies conducting the tour were friendly, knowledgeable, and energetically determined to provide us with an unforgettable experience. We tipped them handsomely for for a bargain-priced Perfect Day...

3  Thank JEBowser
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We booked the 2 person van for a tour of the island for 3 hours. I had a friend of mine in from Washington DC. Although I had been to the island many times, I had never been far from Avalon. I highly recommend this tour. Don't go for other tours that have a lot of people in open air vehicles - it can be cold in the morning and also dusty on the backroads. We had Chip, a lifelong island resident and expert on the history of the island. We saw silver foxes, buffalo, ravens, a bald eagle and a snake! We also learned a lot about the island and Chip was a fantastic tour guide. They also can take you over the less populated side of the island for kayaking and hiking. I would not hesitate to use them again for my out of town guests. This is definitely worth the money.

1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We visited the island for just the day. We have been to the island before and knew that most of the activities on the island were pretty expensive, but after running into Ocean Rafting we were pleasantly surprised!

For $25 we got our snorkeling gear, a fun little jont on their boat, and about 45 minutes in the water snorkeling.

Now the water in Avalon Bay is pretty gross. It doesn't look bad, but the reports say it's full of nasty stuff. However, by going out on the water with Ocean Rafting, you get to go out to another cove. It was beautiful!!
It's about a 15 minute boat ride away from the town. Once you get there, the Captain tells you what's what, where to go, how long we'll be there, etc. My boyfriend and I stayed in the water just about the whole time we were allowed. We saw others getting in the boat after about 20 minutes, but we stayed in until our time was up. It was great! There were only 4 others on the boat with us, so it felt real personal. On the way there and back the Captain answered our random questions - full of info.

THE BEST PART? THE DOLPHINS, OF COURSE!!!

Now I know that the company has no control over what there is to see out there, but we really lucked out. There was a pod of dolphins passing us when we were on our way back to Avalon Bay. There must have been a hundred of them. They were amazing. And the Captain kept us out a bit longer than what we supposed to be out in order for us to enjoy them a little longer. They were right on the bow. We all took turns getting toward the front to stick our heads over the edge and try to touch them. No luck, but it was really cool.

Catalina Ocean Rafting, seeing the dolphins, and getting a quick and cheap tour was lots of fun, and definitely the highlight of our trip!

They do other trips as well, but we were looking for a cheap thrill:) so we opted for the $25 snorkel. If snorkeling is your thing, or just something fun for a great price, THIS IS THE PLACE!

ENJOY! I know you will!