“Excellent choice for breakfast”

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We went for a late breakfast at this place. Food was excellent as was the service. The pancakes and eggs are delicious. Prices were very reasonable and also quite fair. They were happy to provide us with substitutions - as there were some things that came in our plates that we did not want. The waitress was awesome - a local from Avalon. She gave us excellent service and provided us with useful information about the island and some of its history. I strongly recommend this place. Do go in early though because from our experience a lot of the restaurants close early - by 1 or 2 PM during the week. Not sure what the weekend hours are. Definitely go to this place and have a bite to eat. It is also on the beach,- right on the water front on Crescent Avenue. You can see the beach from the restaurant's windows. Enjoy.

Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Had the Belgian waffle w/great strawberries & bananas. I rarely order this & would order again! Bacon was perfect. The owner Muriel was so amazing. The view perfect. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I usually only go to the pancake cottage because I love the owner, Muriel. She is an absolute firecracker! The menu is huge, I don't think I'll ever try everything, its that long. Huge selection for breakfast or lunch. Try the Monte Cristo for brunch, tasty... Omelette's are good and I like the coffee. The location is good as you have an ocean view from pretty much every table. Summer days are usually busy in the early am but thats the case with every restaurant in town.

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I'm from New York and was invited to a birthday party here. GREAT!!! Roberto, our waiter, was attentive, professional and just a great guy. The food was as good here as any of our New York favorites. Definetly would recommend this place over and over.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We had breakfast here on our last morning in Avalon. The buckwheat pancakes were very tasty and cooked just right. My husband had their eggs, potatoes and bacon. Chunks of potatoes cooked with bell pepper and onion, very yummy. Bacon was crisp and flavorful. Views of the bay were amazing.
The waiter brought us a carafe of coffee, which was a nice touch.
Pancake Cottage was a great place for breakfast.