“Very good for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CC Gallagher

CC Gallagher
Ranked #5 of 6 Dessert in Avalon
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Cafe, Sushi, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Very good for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really good coffee served in large bowls!! What to eat? Ham and cheese croissant, Mediterranean Bagel or smoked salmon bagel. My son Hugh loves the granola, which is excellent.A very interesting shop with good paintings etc and good quality food.

Visited May 2014

La Jolla, California
“The best shop in Avalon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We popped in to shop and try the gelato and cheese cake. We love this place! The building used to be a bank. They store their wine collection in the beautiful vintage safe. We loved the classy home decor and gifts. We purchased a small print of Catalina. I can't wait to frame and hang in! On our next trip, we will try the wine bar.

Visited April 2014
Vacaville, California
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

It was very friendly nice folks , would love to go back. They talked about the history of the island which i found very interesting.

• Visited April 2014
SoCal
“A little spendy, but undeniably good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This spacious coffee bistro and gallery is hard to miss at the east end of town. Good coffee, nice wine/beer selection, and yummy desserts make this a worthwhile stop. The gallery assortment is a little eclectic, but you might find something of interest. Breathe deep when you look at the pricing and just remember that you're on vacation.

Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“The best two meals I had on Catalina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I don't understand the negative reviews! For one, the service was impeccable. The staff is friendly and helpful and knowledgable and went out of their way during both my visits to make sure I wasn't exposed to gluten (my allergy) during my meals. They went into the kitchen, they read ingredient labels. They took care of me! Which is far more than I usually experience in any big city restaurant, and I experienced nothing else like it elsewhere on Catalina. Other Catalina restaurants would simply say "Good luck!" when I informed them of my gluten allergy. So CC Gallagher was a godsend. Thank you guys!

Secondly, the food and wine were outstanding. On both visits I had their sushi, and had a lot of it. The "isthmus" is easily among the very best sushi I've eaten in my life, and I've eaten a lot of sushi all over the world. The sashimi was perfect in flavour and texture and preparation. These are real pros here.

As I left after my second visit, I impulse-purchased a small flourless chocolate cake to enjoy the next morning on the ferry back to Long Beach. That too was spot on. Perfection. Its consistency was out of this world; it just melted in my mouth. Even the morning after I bought it.

When I go back to Catalina, as I hope to soon, this will be my first stop.

• Visited April 2014