Hotel Metropole
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$179
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$223
Excellent 5/5
US$123
US$159
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$140
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$140
Pavilion Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$301
TripAdvisor
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$256
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmarket placevip wingcontinental breakfastbagelsthe rooftop hot tubcatalina islandbeach houseocean viewdeluxe roomcatalina expressthe hotel staffnice roomshops and restaurantsbottle of champagnegas fireplacethe main streetdvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Me and my boyfriend came over for a little getaway over the weekend and decided to stay at the Hotel Metropole.( I had stayed here before a while back). We decided to book a suite which over looks the beautiful bay and I'm glad we did. It had such a great view of the harbor! The room was very neat and clean and modern. It had nice size flat screen T.V and fireplace and a comfy bed. The hotel has a cute little marketplace with different shops and an arcade and a spa. We decided to book a couples massage through the spa as well. We were very happy with our massages. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice and the hotel had a nice continental breakfast which consisted of muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, coffee, teas and juice. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

It opens up directly to the hotel lobby & street. You hear all of the other guests comings and goings. Not at all ideal for a romantic getaway.

Highly disappointed that the staff has done absolutely nothing to improve our accommodations, even after we requested another room. Was really looking forward to this, and I'm sad to have to tell my friend who recommended the hotel that it was not pleasant.

To add insult to injury, when i first booked the room they quoted me a rate that was much higher than what is published on their site. I agreed to the rate b/c my friend had recommended it so highly.

6  Thank ACT2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Hotel Metropole is located right on Avalon's main boardwalk in the Metropole plaza, which also includes an arcade and a few little restaurants and shops. Our room was nice - comfortable bed, fireplace, good water pressure in the shower. The only downside was that all the windows in our room were blocked by planters, so we had no view, but it's not like we spent much time in the room anyway. Our room was also right by the front desk, so it was a little noisy in the morning, but still tolerable.

They have a nice little jacuzzi on the top floor and a decent continental breakfast. Everyone at the front desk was also very helpful with giving tips on what to do around the island.

I took points off because even though we requested to stay 2 nights when we made our reservation on Metropole's web-site, they only booked us for one night. Luckily, my boyfriend noticed that his credit card was only charged for one night so that we had time to scramble and book our second night at another hotel before every other place was completely booked, since Metropole had no vacancy on our second night. There was also a strange lady in the jacuzzi when we went, who had clearly had a lot to drink and was not very stable and started harassing my boyfriend, so much so that my boyfriend and I, as well as another couple in the jacuzzi felt so uncomfortable that we all got out and returned to our rooms. I have no idea if this was a local who snuck in to the jacuzzi (not too hard to do) or another hotel guest who was a little off her rocker.

I would consider staying at Metropole again the next time I return to Catalina, but I would call to confirm my reservation and not just rely on booking through the web-site.

1  Thank Erica V
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We spent the weekend in Avalon to celebrate boyfriend's birthday in conjunction with the Free ferry ride from Catalina Express...got up insanely early to drive to Long Beach and catch the 6:15 a.m. boat...(wanting to maximize our time on the island)...we arrived bleary-eyed in Avalon and walked the short walk to the hotel, intending just to stash our bags until check-in...we were delighted when told that though it was only 8 a.m our room was ready and we could go on up!
So that combined with the birthday discount made us instantly happy with this hotel...our room was described as courtyard view (2 queen beds., fireplace and tiny balcony) but we could also see a bit of the water and the Casino building...everything was clean, the beds were super comfy, and despite the allegations made by some people regarding the honesty of the housekeeping staff...well, we accidently left cash and gold jewelry in plain sight and it was still there when we came back to our cleaned room.. All in all, we were super happy with the hotel, great location, and a beautiful view of the harbor from the adorable 4th floor deck...which was not crowded at all while we were there...granted it's still the low season; it's probably way more crowded in the summer. This was our first trip to the Island (which is scandalous since we are both native los angelenos) but we're hoping it won't be our last...and we would definitely stay at the metropole again...unless we head to the campground! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I live in long beach so catalina is a trip i can make a few times a year... for the past two years i couldnt be happier with the Hotel Metropole. The folks there are extremely accomodating, friendly and professional. The rooms are fantastic. The beds are so comfortable, they can lock you in for too long at times in the mornings! the location of this hotel is great as well. its got food and shopping all througout in its own plaza. i am leaving this review now, as i have just had another relaxing and enjoyable trip to the Island, and i realized, this is the best hotel on the island... i should let them and some other folks know :) thanks again Hotel Metropole. See you soon. elegance and coziness. the best hotel in catalina.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends