I had never been to Catalina so I did NOT know what to expect. I did a little bit of research but for the most part, kinda just "winged it" by searching for the most affordable hotel that didn't look dumpy. I feel like I totally lucked out by finding Hotel Pavilion because from the moment I got off the Catalina Express, there was a Pavilion employee waiting with a sign to take guests' bags to the hotel as a complimentary service. We arrived at 11am so we were kinda worried about having to lug around all of our baggage since check-in wasn't until 3pm. He was extremely kind and accomodating. We were able to walk around without the heavy load! Once we walked around, we decided to check to see if we could check in early (it was 2pm). We could. All the employees were SOOOOO nice.
Now lets talk about the actual hotel. It feels like a little tropical garden. It's one of the only hotels that are actually on water side. Most of the hotels are on off streets which still include the view but don't have direct access to the main street and water. I loved out quiet and lush the hotel was. They made sure we knew about the complimentary wine and cheese night which we took advantage of. It was QUALITY cheese and your basic yet delicious red and white wine. We filled up on this treat and were too full to have dinner! Our hotel room was small and simple but very clean and modern. Ipod docks and table with cable helped with the mindless relaxation.
The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast. We were expecting bagels and doughnuts but it was boiled eggs, croissants, scones, fresh fruit, an assortment of juices, teas and coffees/cappaccinos...delicious! Breakfast on the beach :)
I was SO satisfied by my Pavilion experience that I don't think I can ever go to any other hotel....
Thank you Pavilion for being so kind, accomodating and classy in all that you do!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary room amenities include: Complimentary baggage service from the ferry, concierge service, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese social, outdoor lounge with fire ring, movies, Blue Ray players & iPads for checkout, 37" flat screen TVs, HBO & Showtime movie channels, wireless Internet, iHome music centers, priority cabana/chaise reservations at Descanso Beach Club, priority table reservations at Avalon Grille, priority reservations at Island Spa Catalina, Starbucks coffee and tea, and in-room safes, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards & hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Pavilion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Lodge Catalina
- Catalina Island Lodge Pavilion
- Pavilion Hotel Avalon
- Pavilion Lodge Avalon
- Pavilion Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA