“A garden oasis”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Columbus, Ohio
“A garden oasis”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I just returned from a trip to CA (Feb. 2013), where part of the time was spent on Catalina Island in Avalon at the Pavilion Hotel. This property has it all: great location on the harbor just steps to all the shops and restaurants, friendly and efficient staff, and beautiful accommodations that are spacious and clean. We especially enjoyed the wine and cheese hour around the open pit fireplace in the courtyard and the wonderful complimentary breakfast overlooking the water. The tours they offered were very good and an excellent value. Anytime I return to Catalina I will stay at the Pavilion and would recommend it to everyone.

1 Thank doodlebug43213
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pavilion Hotel during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your time to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to mention all the things that you enjoyed on your stay with us.

Roberto Perico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Traveled with 2 small children. Room was decent, grounds were great for the kids to run around. The packages are a great deal with many tours included in the package. We played mini golf everyday since it was part of the deal. Breakfast was a step above continental, and the wine and cheese in the afternoon was terrific! My kids keep asking when we will go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

Great Bend, Kansas
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We recently celebrated our 26th anniversary at The Pavilion. Everything was absolutely wonderful. How nice to not have issues while on a trip. We arrived way ahead of the check-in time, no problem. They arranged and made reservations for our excursions, and suggest several great things to do while on the Island. The rooms have recently been remodeled ,and ours was spotless. Nice size closet, large dressing area and the bathroom was also nice sized. One night we did not feel like eating out, so my husband went over to the grocery store and picked up some food - they were most gracious about supplying table service. The afternoon wine and cheese paring was a great time to meet others at the Hotel and enjoy some lively conversation. The morning breakfast was delicious, with a nice variety of fruits, baked goods, etc. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KMRondeau
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing my team's exemplary service. I know that they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 February 2013

What a gem. Met coming off ferry with bellman to take our bags. A quick 2 block walk right on the harbor to the hotel..had very nice complimentary breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean!
Room was very comfortable and clean. Included tours was great. Vintage bus took us thru all of the developed area. Our guide was knowledgable and pleasant.
Then we bought a hummer tour of undeveloped areas. Got very nice American Indian guide named bear. He told us about everything..had all the history and geography and constantly kept info flowing!
We did the zip line adventure. Guides were extremely knowledgable and put us at ease. They really worked at making us comfortable so we'd enjoy the ride! Ryan and ? We're great

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My wife and I visited this property on Feb 6th thru Feb 8th and had a wonderful time between two trips to Vegas. The Pavilion was an excellent place to stay and exceeded our expectations. The breakfast and the wine and cheese at 4:30 were great !! The staff is wonderful and the turn down service was unexpected. The property is in great shape and you can tell the staff cares about their guests and how the property looks. It is a little bit of a walk from the landing but not too bad and otherwise is in a good location. If you go to Catalina this time of year a lot of the restaurants and shops are closed on Wednesday and Thursday. Go to the Lobster Trap for great food and great service. If you want good food and terrible service go to Luau Larry's. Back to Pavilion. Would stay there again in a second. Great time. Great people. Try to get a room in the middle of the hotel. We were at the back and heard traffic all night which we did not expect. Also, not alot of light at the vanity area outside the bathroom.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the back of the hotel. The back street had a lot of traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your room location. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Inglewood, California
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I will recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a Hotel in Catalina Island.I had a wonderful experience this Feb and it has left a lasting memory in my mind.Hotel Pavilion is one you will not regret choosing it bc they got it all.Cleanliness Comfort,Beauty,Special treatment,etcI can,t explain it all.Go and see for your self.

Room Tip: Anyone who is interested in visiting Catalina Island and is looking for a Hotel,I highly recommend H...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

The place was perfect and the room we stayed at was really nice,The staff were very accomodating .the afternoon wine and cheese by the fire every afternoon made our trip even more romantic!i fell in love in this place..we'll definitely go back:)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. We were glad you were with us to celebrate your anniversary!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.