“LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION & more”
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Pavilion in late January. There were a group of us there and the fire pit was our meeting spot and gathering place after the days activities. The location of this property could not be better. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very accommodating. The wine and cheese each day was a hit with all of our group. I have stayed at three different properties in Catalina over the years and this was by far my favourite. The next time I visit Catalina the Pavilion will be my home again. Catalina is such a great spot, probably my favourite town in the US.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saskwatches
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Pavilion Hotel while on Catalina Island. My team and I loved having you as our guest! The fire ring is definitely a great place to meet and relax after a day on the island. We hope to see you again soon in Avalon.

Roberto Perico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from a three night, 50th birthday celebration in Catalina. Five of us stayed at the Pavilion, the other seven elsewhere. The Pavilion was the gathering place before all of our events. The Lobby Lanai provided the perfect place to people watch, with the marina backdrop, while feeling removed from all the hustle and bustle. The wine hour was enjoyed by all (Pedro was a gem!), We had three in our room, so we added a trundle, which made it a little smaller than I would have liked. I enjoyed our rooms lanai each morning before the others awoke, watching the bumble bees and hummingbirds enjoying all the flowers. I think it will be difficult to stay anywhere else in Avalon after my stay at the Pavilion.

Room Tip: Room 111 has a lovely lanai and is in a quiet spot near the rear of the hotel. Even numbered rooms u...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wlighty
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My 21 year old daughter and I had a wonderful one night stay at this relatively recently renovated hotel. The service and location were great. It is very close to the ferry dock and is in the middle of a pedestrian only zone where there is none of the otherwise omnipresent roar of the Catalina golf carts! We were staying with friends in LA for a week and wanted to get way off the beaten track. Catalina fit the bill. The hotel with it's great breakfast and nightly wine and cheese proved to be perfect for our stay. All it needs is a pool, something that is missing in almost all decent Avalon hotels.

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the back was about perfect for us.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve Q

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Pavilion Hotel. We also very much appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that my team helped to make your stay memorable while with us. We hope that you make it out to Catalina Island again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived at our room and was taken aback by it's aged decor and small size after reading all the great reviews.

With three days of bountiful breakfasts, wine and cheese happy hours and sitting by the cozy fire pit and lounge chairs, I really enjoyed my stay at the Pavilion Hotel. It was the first hotel on the strip as we walked from the ferry dock and was extremely convenient to all the shopping, bars and restaurants. And perhaps one of the few with such a nice garden to sunbathe, play in the grass and lounge about and chat with friends.

For those who like fresh buffet breakfasts and enjoying some afternoon wine, cheese and bread while socializing at fire pit, this is the place for you. They even provide free wifi, which was a plus for our electronic bound family!

The servers were extremely nice and friendly, and lady makes the be at cappucino in the mornings! It complimented the abundance of cupcakes, fresh fruit, papaya, cereals and even oatmeal.

Wine and cheeses in the afternoons were also quite flavorful. It was great to relax after running about the island all day in our golf carts or kayaking/boarding at the beach beyond the old Casino building. There is zip lining and golfing, two pretty popular sports on the island also.

Last tip is to book directly with the hotel, which may offer you a package that includes the expensive catalina ferry ride over from the mainland as well as your choice of excursions or golf cart rental, which is a must. You'll experience the breathtaking views of the gorgeous blue harbor from high on the mountain.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank kwong
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your experience at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and wine and cheese. Those are favorites of our guests. We hope to see you again soon on the island!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our stay at the Pavilion was wonderful. Each person on staff was friendly, courteous, and always willing to help with our needs. The continental breakfast offered much more than other hotels - it was very fresh offering bagels, rolls, fruits, meats, fruits and specialty coffees made to order. The wine and cheese hour in the evening was a nice added touch after a day of hiking and exploring. The room was clean and comfortable, grounds are beautiful with comfortable lounges and towels for relaxing. The hotel location is perfect - right in the center of town across from the beach. We highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Thanks for making our stay on Catalina so enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback. My team and I are happy to hear that you that you had a memorable stay at the Pavilion Hotel. We hope to see you again soon on the island!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We loved our stay at the Pavilion Hotel! We stayed in one of the back rooms up against the street and didn't hear any traffic or street noise. Most likely because golf carts dominate the island. I was impressed! This hotel was the only place that could accommodate 4 adults and 1 child in the same room. The complimentary breakfast was excellent along with the wine and cheese event. The staff were incredibly accommodating and offered the showers / changing room and luggage storage before and after check in! The outdoor seating and fire pit make it tough to leave the hotel. We can't wait to return to the Pavilion!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

My team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Pavilion Hotel! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and wine and cheese while you were with us. We hope that you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We got a senior package special at this hotel, and I wasn't expecting much. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Our room was beautiful and modern. The grounds are gorgeous, and the continental breakfast each morning was excellent. The personnel were all very friendly and helpful. The location is close to everything. We had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronlin
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I appreciate the feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with some of the amenities at our hotel. We hope that next time you visit Catalina Island you will come and stay with us again.