“This was a great place with wonderful staff!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Vista Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Bradenton, Florida
“This was a great place with wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

From the moment my daughter and I arrived we were swept away. The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to please! Room was clean, roomy, and had a great comfy bed! Right in the heart of everything yet quiet and cozy!

Room Tip: We stayed in a courtside room
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Avalon Suite for a weekend. The room was incredible and very comfortable, the staff was very friendly. It probably is located at the best spot in Avalon. It's not the cheapest hotel but well worth it to me.

• Stayed June 2011
southern california
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I just came home from two nights at the Hotel vista Del Mar. We had a courtyard room. I loved this because the room was lovely, and quiet. We could walk down the hall and still enjoy the hotels ocean view without having any of the noise from the people walking down the city. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast. Which actually was great, it had several kinds of bagels, cream cheese, cereals, instant oatmeal, hot star bucks coffee, and packets in case you wanted to have hot chocolate. Orange juice. We enjoyed the breakfast every morning. since the hotel was right in town we could walk everywhere. They even had a keurig coffee maker in the hotel room so you could have coffee in the room too. the room had a fireplace, which was really nice. the bed and pillows were very comfortable. I really cannot say anything negative. Would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend this hotel. Also enjoyed eating at the lobster trap in town, everything we ate was delicious.

Room Tip: Loved our room it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diamondfairy
michigan
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My partner and stayed and the Hotel Vista Del Mar for my birthday. I was sea sick when we arrived and it just so happened the assistant manager was outside and assisted us with our luggage (his name was Juan) he took us directly to our room. We had a room with the private balcony 101 which is the best room in the Hotel you have fabulous ocean views of the bay are. Also Steves Steak House is located on the second floor and they do provide room service to the Hotel the food is wonderful and we ate diner on the balcony the nights we were there. The lobby is awsome with all flowers and plants. I check other Hotels prior to our trip and I am so glad this is the Hotel I chose. Jessie the day clerk assisted us with our luggage there is a service that will pick up and deliver your luggage to the Hotels I was unaware of this until informed by Jessie he made sure all of our needs were met. The service is inpecable. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island. Thanks for making our trip memerable

Room Tip: The best room is 101
2 Thank nursebob
Brisbane
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Great location front water in Avalon Bay - Most rooms do not have water view but that is made clear in advertising. There is a great upper floor verandah available to all to sit and take in the views with a light breakfast. Rooms small but very 30"s so suited the theme expected. The only complaint was the airconditioner. Because of its location near floor at entrance door - it "snap cooled" just that local area and then cycled off - only to cycle on gain a few minutes later as the overall room was not cool. This went on all night. LOcation of aircon seems to be th same in all the inner rooms..

1 Thank XR6Bogey
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Let me first start by saying... I researched the heck out of this hotel and many others before I booked the Hotel Vista Del Mar.
So, the least I could do was give my input to others.

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in a Courtyard Deluxe room. We went for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I was very happy with the hotel! The rooms were clean & comfortable. Our room had crown molding, which is a great touch. The fireplace and the flat screen TV were really nice. They are right next to each other, so we could enjoy the fire while watching a movie. It doesn't put off a lot of heat, so it's more for the ambiance. We liked that we could get DVD/ Blu Ray movies for free. They have about 50-70 movies to choose from.
They even left us a complimentary bottle of champagne and a card for our anniversary.

We really liked the sitting area by the front desk, that over looks the water. The hallway to all the rooms, was very pretty. Lots of plants and flowers, under skylights. It's a nice touch. Very bright and cheery.
The continental breakfast was good. They served different types of bagels, mini cinnamon rolls, banana bread, 2 different types of cereals, OJ, coffee, wide assortment of teas. We only enjoyed it on our last morning. It was nice to have a light breakfast before we left the island, especially after all the money went spend on food while there.

This is a topic that I wouldn't normally even think about, but because I see other comments on the stairs, I will also.
I've read people complain about the hotel not having an elevator. It's really no big deal at all. Unless you are in a wheelchair, handicap in some way or an elderly person that has troubles with stairs, it's not a bad climb to get to the top. Yes, the hotel is on the 3rd floor, but easy to get up. I didn't even think about it. It's not like it's a surprise, they told me when I booked the room.

The couple of negatives were the walls in the rooms are a little thin. On the first night at about 2:30 a.m. we were awakened by some loud drunk people (other guests) in the hallway. The 2nd night we had to hear the neighbors 'going at it'. I could have done without that. But, honestly I have heard the same things in other hotels.

Please note that you shouldn't expect to take a nice relaxing bath in the tub with 'jacuzzi jets'. I believe that the tub is actually a bit smaller than an average tub and wasn't very appealing. Now, I wouldn't take a bath in about 95% of hotels any way...so it was a non-issue for me. The shower head was nice and the towels were new and bright white.
Bathroom was very clean.
There are several little touches that make the room nice. They are updated and bright.

Overall we thought the room was great, the staff was very nice and we would definitely stay there again!!

5 Thank DTJB
el cajon
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have to say, we are a little partial to the Hotel Vista Del Mar. 22 years ago, we got married in front of the fish tank in the lobby, overlooking beautiful Avalon Harbor.

We have been back many times, and have never been disappointed. This stay was no different. The rooms are decorated with a "Tommy Bahama" feel. They have a fireplace in every room.

There was one change since we stayed here last. They added a mini bar into the fridge. All the prices were clearly provided on the menu. Fortunately no one had a snack attack during our stay. There was still room in the back of the fridge to put our leftovers from dinner or a few sodas. I have to admit, the prices were reasonable, and even cheaper than the vending machine at the other hotel we stayed at.

This hotel only has two ocean view rooms and they are almost always booked, we have never had the opportunity to stay in one. The Courtyard & Courtyard Deluxe rooms are very nice, the deluxe are quite roomy. We loved the decor of these rooms so much, we transformed our Master Suite in our home to remind us of our honeymoon suite.

Room Tip: Book early, HVDM is almost always sold out.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple