“Great trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Vista Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Los Angeles, California
“Great trip”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed from 6/5-6/7, The hotel is located in what I could be described as the most prime location of the town of Avalon and their little beach area. Our family of five adult children and one sixteen year old shared two rooms, which were clean, comfortable and relaxing, the Courtyard deluxe room being quite roomy. The continental breakfast was what I would consider a notch above what you would expect. Cookies and milk at night were not only delicious but a highlight for my daughters. I found a seat at the balcony in the open air lobby and enjoined each of my leisurely mornings relaxing and chatting with the friendly guest. Had a great time

My family so enjoyed there time they are hoping we might make this an annual event.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Garret B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having never traveled to Catalina Island before, we booked 3 days over Memorial Day recently at this most wonderful hotel! We had no idea that we would be so fortunate to land in this really great spot - and on a holiday weekend - we were not disappointed! The Vista Del Mar is in an ideal location, and wonderfully quiet at night when we wanted to escape the activity of the beach and the boardwalk. The rooms are beautifully appointed with large screen tv and even a fireplace - just at the foot of the very comfy beds!
The large skylight in the bathroom really opens up the whole area, and I mustn't forget the delicious warm cookies with cold milk served nightly to all the guests! The staff was most helpful and courteous at every turn. But the best was the owner, Jerry, who came to my rescue after we had checked out and noticed on the ferry trip back to the mainland that I had left all of my jewelry in the safe in our room! I called right away and was so fortunate to get Jerry on the line, who immediately retrieved my valuables and set about getting them packaged and insured and sent on their way home to us! They arrived safely today, and we are so appreciative of not only a wonderful vacation there, but the excellent service provided to us when we really needed it!! We will most certainly return to the Vista Del Mar!

Room Tip: Our room was about 3 rooms back from the front desk and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Orange
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend stayed at Vista Del Mar for an overnight getaway in March of this year. I have never been so relaxed in my entire night. The hotel is perfectly located, and the tomes are superbly appointed. The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 rating is because there was a large party that had reserved most of the other rooms in the hotel, and they spent A LOT of time in the common hallway yelling and being noisy, and when we arrived, we had to wait three hours to check in. . I can't wait to return and I will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Vista Del Mar is THE place to stay while visiting Catalina. The location is perfect...the charming rooms are beautifully appointed and set the tone for a luxurious and relaxing getaway. The staff were friendly and accommodating...storing our luggage at the beginning and end of our stay. The cookies and milk every night added to the experience! We can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were so happy with our beautiful room and the service. The evening milk and cookies were the best. Very convienent location to shopping and just a short walk from the boat dock.The hotel was very accomidating about holding our luggage when we arrived early .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary at Vista del Mar. We received a courtesy bottle of champagne in our room upon our arrival, which was nice. The room was clean and service was great. We had never stayed on the island before and the last time we went to Catalina was when we first got married. I wanted a room with a view and the two suites that face the ocean definitely didn't disappoint. Our room had its own private balcony with direct view of the beach, "boardwalk", and pier which my wife and I took advantage of by people watching, reading, and relaxing. The room isn't cheap but for a special occasion where you want the best, we definitely recommend either one of the suites at Hotel Vista del Mar.

• Stayed April 2013
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The view from our suite was awesome. Listening to the the chimes on the quarter hour was relaxing. At night the calming of the the waves breaking on the beach. The room was fantastic 5 star. Jacuzzi, stocked re-frig, double sink bathroom Large rooming sitting area, King size bed. Cookies and Milk every night at 8 PM. every minute is relaxing. Central location. Free towels to use on the beach. A real break from reality.

Room Tip: If you want the very best ask for 101. A lot more but can not beat the view four chair private balco...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple