“Blew expectations out of the water!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Vista Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We were pleasantly surprised how easy of a walk it was from the Catalina Express. Upon entering the hotel we were warmly greeted and escorted to our room. Once in the beautiful room, the staff took the time to explain the features, gave us a welcome book with coupons and made sure we had no questions about what to do on the island. One of the things that exceeded our expectations was that beach towels and chairs were available at no additional cost. This was a huge bonus for my wife and I who flew in from out of state. Great location facing the harbor, beach out the front door, Steve's Steakhouse in the same building, activity pier directly out the front door, everything we needed. The milk & cookies, DVD library, breakfast, and fireplace were each nice added touches that contributed to an outstanding exprience! We couldn't have asked for more! Truly a hidden gem!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gfnodak
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vista Del Mar

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the hotel Vista Del Mar for a 2 night getaway at the beginning of summer. We had the absolute best time on the island and were impressed with the hotel's cleanliness, beauty, service, view out to the harbor, location, and perks. The room was perfect for the three of us, the fold away bed within the couch was comfortable and yet still provided enough room for us to walk around easily within the room. The complimentary breakfast, fresh baked cookies & milk, lemon cucumber water, and blu-ray DVD movies were impressive and a great bonus perk. The entire trip from start to finish was one of our family's best and definitely most memorable. We are already planning on a return visit and will definitely be staying at the Vsta Del Mar. You just can't beat the experience, location (middle of the Main Street & right on top of Steve's Steakhouse, YUM), and service you receive at Visa Del Mar.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110. Perfect for a family of 3.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrs_ShaG
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed from 6/5-6/7, The hotel is located in what I could be described as the most prime location of the town of Avalon and their little beach area. Our family of five adult children and one sixteen year old shared two rooms, which were clean, comfortable and relaxing, the Courtyard deluxe room being quite roomy. The continental breakfast was what I would consider a notch above what you would expect. Cookies and milk at night were not only delicious but a highlight for my daughters. I found a seat at the balcony in the open air lobby and enjoined each of my leisurely mornings relaxing and chatting with the friendly guest. Had a great time

My family so enjoyed there time they are hoping we might make this an annual event.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Garret B
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having never traveled to Catalina Island before, we booked 3 days over Memorial Day recently at this most wonderful hotel! We had no idea that we would be so fortunate to land in this really great spot - and on a holiday weekend - we were not disappointed! The Vista Del Mar is in an ideal location, and wonderfully quiet at night when we wanted to escape the activity of the beach and the boardwalk. The rooms are beautifully appointed with large screen tv and even a fireplace - just at the foot of the very comfy beds!
The large skylight in the bathroom really opens up the whole area, and I mustn't forget the delicious warm cookies with cold milk served nightly to all the guests! The staff was most helpful and courteous at every turn. But the best was the owner, Jerry, who came to my rescue after we had checked out and noticed on the ferry trip back to the mainland that I had left all of my jewelry in the safe in our room! I called right away and was so fortunate to get Jerry on the line, who immediately retrieved my valuables and set about getting them packaged and insured and sent on their way home to us! They arrived safely today, and we are so appreciative of not only a wonderful vacation there, but the excellent service provided to us when we really needed it!! We will most certainly return to the Vista Del Mar!

Room Tip: Our room was about 3 rooms back from the front desk and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend stayed at Vista Del Mar for an overnight getaway in March of this year. I have never been so relaxed in my entire night. The hotel is perfectly located, and the tomes are superbly appointed. The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 rating is because there was a large party that had reserved most of the other rooms in the hotel, and they spent A LOT of time in the common hallway yelling and being noisy, and when we arrived, we had to wait three hours to check in. . I can't wait to return and I will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Vista Del Mar is THE place to stay while visiting Catalina. The location is perfect...the charming rooms are beautifully appointed and set the tone for a luxurious and relaxing getaway. The staff were friendly and accommodating...storing our luggage at the beginning and end of our stay. The cookies and milk every night added to the experience! We can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were so happy with our beautiful room and the service. The evening milk and cookies were the best. Very convienent location to shopping and just a short walk from the boat dock.The hotel was very accomidating about holding our luggage when we arrived early .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family