“Best hotel on the island!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vista Del Mar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Vista Del Mar
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Los Angeles
“Best hotel on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

The ocean view rooms are pricey but well worth the extra money. Simply the best room on the entire island...and I've stayed in many. I will never go anywhere else again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

Thanks for making our stay enjoyable. I took my husband for his 40th birthday (Dec 29), and it was an experience of a lifetime. My husband says it's the best birthday he's ever had. We were in Rm 114, close to the back staircase, and right next to ice and vending machine, but it didn't bother us at all. What a surprise the room was. Had a fireplace, even a complimentary bottle of champagne. Had our milk and cookies, even complimentary robes, which was a welcoming gift as it was cold at night. Staff was friendly and helpful. Took my husband to the restaurant in the hotel for his birthday, and it was awesome. They gave him a birthday icecream. Our trip out was later in the afternoon and it was great that we could leave our luggage in the hotel while we continued exploring. I'll recommend this hotel to everyone. If you're looking for small, cozy and quiet, this is the place to be. A stone's throw from the water's edge.

1 Thank H-Woman
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

I totally recommend Hotel Vista Del Mar. It is a little oasis in the center of town. Perfect location! Perfect room! Perfect customer service! The room was really nice and the service was top-notch. This hotel is trying to do everything right and are succeeding at it!! This is coming from someone that has stayed at many fine hotels (St. Regis, Park Hyatts, Westin, etc).

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

The staff was awesome, view was amazing. Because they weren't crowded (shame)
our breakfast was delivered each morning and the cookies and milk in the evening. It wouldn't have been very far to go get it but it was certainly welcome. We needed champagne glasses - check, extra plates - check. A great library of DVD's available at no charge. Did I mention the staff was amazing???

1 Thank Juls55
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

Looking at all of the reviews, I picked this hotel. It was more that I could have hoped for. The feel in the room was true luxery and included a great priced minibar with a sink and marble preperation area. There are bathrobes in the closet and great linens on the bed. The breakfast spread is great and very filling. If I had to make suggestions I have two: Start breakfast earlier (8am is a bit too late), and take the non-skid off the bottom of the jet tub. Very minor details and wouldnt stop me from booking this hotel again and again. Note: this is an adult hotel, wouldnt recommend families with small or many children.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hazegray65
Van Nuys, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The customer service was wonderful, thanks Vista Del Mar for a great time! This hotel is centrally located with an amazing view of the ocean. I stayed in room 105, which had a wonderful king bed and lovely fireplace. My fiance and I stayed Saturday thru Monday, and had an amazing time. If I HAD to take points away??? I guess I would say to bring your own pillow because one was large, and like a rock, and the other pillow is mushy and unsupportive. Also, there is a restaurant underneath the hotel (Steve's Steakhouse), and if you are the kind to turn in early, the restaurant noise is a bit bothersome. Other than that, everything else was supurb! I would/will definately stay here again!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
temecula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

We had made reservations years ago and couldn't make it last minute. It took us some time to finally make it there and we were so pleased with the facilities and the staff.. they were wonderful throughtout both the reservation, checking in, help with us understanding the T.V. (our fault !!) and checking out and holding our luggage so we could enjoy our time until our departure. Every employee we spoke with was amazingly helpful and knowledgable about the island, the history of the island and places/things we would enjoy. We felt as if we were staying at a family/friends home. The hotel was clean, comfortable, well/appropriately decorated/comfort/taste... ..the price of the hotel is appropriate for the rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple